Thursday 20 December 2012

Wrapping up Christmas

I am sure that most of your have finished your shopping and now have the wrapping up to do. Now I will confess that I do not really enjoy this part of present giving but I do appreciate how special presents look when they are well wrapped. I really wanted to find some gingerbread men wrapping paper to wrap my husband's pressies in and I searched everywhere with no success. I then remembered my fab gingerbread man stamp which I bought recently and made several cards with. I had a eureka moment in bed one night when I thought....I could make my own gingerbread men wrap and tags.

If you have not seen him in my previous post here he is. I decided that he would look great stamped in brown ink on brown paper. I simply used brown parcel paper which I keep anyway for posting.
The really good thing about making your own paper is that you can cut the paper to size before inking it.


I cut each piece of paper out roughly to size and then had fun stamping in a random pattern over the whole sheet of parcel paper. I stamped on the shiny side using a die based ink so that it dried instantly.










Here are some of the parcels all wrapped up.

I then wondered how to make the tags and decided that in keeping with the parcel paper that I would buy standard brown parcel tags from W.H.Smiths.













Using Versamark ink I stamped the image onto my brown tags and then used gold embossing powder to raise the image.










I do love the effect. I decided to make lots of different tags so I got busy embossing.












Here are my embossed designs. I then added embellies to some of them.
















I then wrapped up Hbs pressies and finished them off with some fab Gingerbread people ribbon I had in my stash.
It was then time to hide them under the tree.







and here they are under the tree ready for Christmas morning.....only days left now!
Obviously today's card for my challenges will be gingerbread themed using the same sweet stamp I bought.
Both my sentiment tags are Lili of the Valley with some added glitter. The holly leaves are hand cut with my holly punch as is the snowflake. The foil ornament is a Marianne die. I added some festive real bells with the ribbon.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Ladybug Crafts Ink anything goes my new stash here is my fab gingerbread man stamp (even though he is old from Ebay!)
Simon Says Stamp Merry Christmas
Crafts and Me Bumper Christmas Challenge
Paper Shelter #93 Anything goes
Divas by Design #66 anything goes
Whimsy crafts Anything goes Christmas #54
ABC Christmas Y is for your favourite die/punch again my holly punch is my favourite at this time of the year.
Really Reasonable Ribbon anything goes #62
Joanna Sheen with love at Christmas
Party Time Tuesday Photo inspiration, gold/green/red #99
Holly Jolly Vintage christmas
Hooked on Crafts Christmas
Papertake Weekly Pic of the Year - favourite challenge mine is that from 11 Sept called "things that make you go awwwwww"
Top Tip Tuesdays anything goes #92
Cute Card Thursday Eat , drink and be merry #248
Papercrafting Journey anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge anything goes #103


Also The Ribbon Girl are hosting a Christmas giveaway, do pop on over and join the fun.

I hope you are singing along to some Christmas tunes as you wrap your parcels. I went off to deliver my parcels to my parents today and then tomorrow is my last day at work until 2 January. I am so looking forward to a lovely break. Take care everyone and thanks for stopping by, it's great to see you here and read your lovely comments,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

31 comments:

  1. Awe I love your gingerbread man wrap Jane and the gift tags are brilliant. That's one very lucky Hb, just look at all his pressies! :)
    The little card is sweet too.
    I'm sure you are looking forward to your little break, my Hb finishes today until 2nd Jan, just think by then we'll be into pre-spring! Woohoo! ;)
    Happy Thursday,
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much excitement Vivienne, the parcels are arriving thick and fast now. Enjoy your time with Hb over Christmas, mine has just got the days off in between but at least they are short weeks.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, you are so clever! I love your handmade wrap and cards way way WAY better than store-bought ones! You're the best. Have a wonderful break with your family.

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your gingerbread-parcels, Jane, they are simply perfect! You are so clever: if there's no wrapping paper in shops, you can make your own and the tags too...Wow!!!

    Have a lovely evening, dear friend, and wonderful last days before Christmas!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very sweet Teresa, thank you ;0) Enjoy these last few special days. No snow here just rain and rain and rain!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening dear Mia. It was one of those moments when I thought just that! My Hb does love his parcels and has been having the odd shake and feel of them ;0)Enjoy the last few days my fellow Christmas friend,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gingerbread man has certainly been put to good use. The card is gorgeous as are the paper and tags.
    Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful creations with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's paid for himself already Sharon,thanks for your kind comments,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is the perfect gingerbread man, and you surely got your money's worth out of him this year! Love how your presents look under the tree! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly have Lin . The presents are piling up :-Jane x

      Delete
  10. Great tags and gift wrap! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane, I do love a well wrapped gift as much as anyone...But at this point, none of mine will look anywhere near as beautiful as those that will appear under your tree!
    What a fun gingerbread man project- I can only dream about these sugarplums this year ;o) You amaze and inspire, as always!
    P.S. Will you please remind me to get started on some of these projects somewhere around July? Hee hee! Merry merry merry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was actually quite a quick project Michele ...I did think about embossing the paper but realised I would be gone til next Christmas if I did ;-) 4 days now........Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jane! That was the best idea! Now your presents are so beautiful and very unique! Fantastic name tags, too! Enjoy your last makings! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teje. I am nearly ready.
      Jane x

      Delete
  14. Such a great idea, you have made a really lovely job of stamping the gingerbread men paper and tags, Jane! Now your gifts look really special! The card is so sweet too, very rich and decorative. I hope all your other preparations are going well too and you enjoy the last few days!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was a really fun project Helen. Thanks for popping by...the Big Day is so close now.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your little gingerbread!! Fabby!1Thank you for joining us at RRR!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love everything that you've done - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 103 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your 'wrapping theme', Jane so lovely.
    Thanks for entering the challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much Heather.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was great fun Dorte,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so adorable. I especially like the tags. You make me feel like a very lazy gifter! I'm thinking about getting an orange to stick full of cloves and digging the ribbon out of the closet now. Wishing you a very merry fantastic and wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Join the fun Linda and have a very merry Christmas :-)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful card! And great take on the Favorite Die or Punch Challenge. Thank you for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge! We will have another new challenge tomorrow. We hope you will play along again soon!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Since I have been in Florida last year I so love gingerbread men...here in Holland they are rather unknown...so your wrapping papers are formidable...love your card too!...thanks for sharing it with Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  25. You get points of the year for being so coordinated! I love how you turned regular brown paper into a Christmas theme with gingerbread men. Love the tags and bows too. :)


    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH MY GOODNESS Jane!how amazing this looks but however did you find the time! I bet the recipients didn't want to unwrap their presents! Thanks for joining us in the last challenge of the year, hope to see you again in 2013! Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the gingerbread man! Your tags and parcels look fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x