Saturday 30 September 2017

Gardener's helper

I promised I would share some photos of some of Daisy's makes from when she stayed with us earlier this week. She adores crafting and makes a bee line for my studio whenever she arrives at ours. 

She also loves pottering around in my garden and "helping" with the watering of my pots.

 She loves finding out about nature and was fascinated to see 2 large spiders in their webs in my garden.
Like me and her Mummy she genuinely loves spiders and called this one Mr Skinny Legs. We watched him repair his web.
So when it came to her first crafty make she wanted to make something with Mr Skinny legs on. I do have a stamp with a spider but remembered I also had a great die so she helped me for the first time do some die cutting which she found magical. There are lots of photos as I like to keep these posts as a record of Daisy's crafting so that she can look back at them when she is older.

For the first time she also wanted to use my stencils. Everything she made was chosen and place by her.

She added other colours through the rose stencil as she thought the underneath looked like grass.
She then added her die cuts including Mr Skinny legs the spider.
her 2nd piece was made from a left over acorn stamp in my bag



but first she wanted to do some more stencilling...... all I did was tape them down, she did all the rest



Daisy then decided she wanted to give it googly eyes..which led on to her 3rd idea...she wanted to make a bus the same as the one I keep her pens in.











so this is what she did...she asked me to draw window in pencil as a guide and then out came her pens...


I can't believe how dexterous she is.... I struggle with these eye and she stuck every set on herself.
So her are her 3 finished pieces.
Mr Skinny Legs

Mr Acorn
The bus

She proudly took them home to Mummy and Daddy. It is so lovely crafting with Daisy and she really has a genuine love for getting inky. Long may it last. So my card challenge entry today had to feature spiders web too and is the first of my Halloween tags I have made. The stamps are Tim Holtz as is the Ornate frame. The webs are Memory Box and the pumpkins Spellbinders. 

I used distress inks and stencils to make the background and lots of textures on the pumpkin with crackle paste. 

I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Creative Inspirations 2/3 anything goes
Crafty cardmakers autumn
Sweet stampin 1/3 autumn
Deep Ocean goodbye summer
That's crafty 1/3 autumn
Frilly and funkie show us your stamps
Mixed media world anything goes

Enjoy the weekend ahead, we have friends visiting today and the rain we had yesterday seems to have dried upand a good day is forecast. Tomorrow I will be getting inky and perhaps even painty in my studio. Thanks so much for visiting me today.

Back tomorrow as unbelievably it is the last day of September today. 

Bye for now,

Jane x



19 comments:

  1. Thanks for a delightful post, Jane! Daisy is a beauty, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag Jane - and little Daisy is just adorable! Love her art work too! :) xx

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post, she is adorable and it must be such a joy when she visits. My granddaughters are mush the same . . . I thing they just love crafting and sewing with grandma . . . grandma loves it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well isn't Mr Skinny Legs just the best name for a spider.....and what totally amazing artwork!!!
    You're a little crafting superstar Daisy and Nana's card is brilliant too!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's going to remember these days for the rest of her life. Good for both of you! And both of you made wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so lovely that Daisy shares your love to create and you have these special times together, she is quite the budding artist. Fab tag Jane and super techniques.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovey tag Jane. And you definitely have a budding guest designer in the making. Isn't it fabulous spending time with the little ones. Your blogposts will be fantastic for her to look back on in years to come.
    Thank you for entering your lovely tag into my 'Autumn' challenge at CCM.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, I thoroughly enjoyed your post and sharing your special time with Daisy. How lucky she and you are to have this time to share. Her artwork really shows the joy of creating!

    And your spooky tag is right up my alley! Your background and frame are gorgeous and perfect for the season and show off that stamped witch so well!

    Thank you, too, for sharing this with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A totally stunning tag!! Love the colours and textures! I also love that you shared your darling granddaughter's art with us. She is a little sweetie and so talented. Thank you for playing along with us Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daisy has done well with her crafting! Takes after her grandmum! I don't really like spiders at all. We have some that hang around our doors and like to get a line across the entrance to our garage. First person in the a.m. gets webbed. And sometimes the 2nd one! I love the beautiful colors of autumn right now that are coming in....leaves turning colors and pumpkins and lovely fall flowers. Something to make a lovely card from as well! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You showed her talents before and she truly has an eye for this. I love the one with the giraffe and the spider. Your tag is vibrant and full of colour

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jane, what an adorable post about your lovely time with Daisy!! She did an amazing job with each of her gorgeous creations. I think Mr Skinny legs definitely deserved to feature in those. What fabulous imagination too! Love your gorgeous Halloween tag, all the elements work together brilliantly. Thanks for sharing your fab tag with us at Sweet Stampin' for our 'Autumn' challenge. I love what you did for it and it was such a treat to get a peek into your gorgoeus day with Daisy too. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. An absolutely beautiful tag Jane and looks like Daisy takes after you as her creations are all gorgeous - a very talented little girl.
    Thanks for joining in with our Autumn challenge at That's Crafty! and wishing you lots of luck.
    Fliss DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Daisy is a fab little crafter and I loved seeing her creations.

    And your creation is fab too...although not as good as daisy's of course :)

    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always wonderful to see children enjoy nature and Daisy surely does just that and her crafty creations are fabulous.. an artist in the making! Your tag is fabulous Jane, it screams the true colours of the season. Thank you for sharing with us over at That's Crafty. Best wishes Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So so sweet Jane!
    Miss Daisy is adorable and look at her curls!!
    You are both so talented!
    Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a charming gardener and beautiful art Daisy! Love your wonderful vintage halloween tag with all the pretty colors and shimmers! Fabulous tag! Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's just lovely and very talented !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This really looks like a fun time. She's such a sweetie and oh so cute. We are so happy you joined my Use Your Stamps challenge at Frilly & Funkie. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x