Monday 25 September 2017

A blue Snow Queen

Good morning, wow what a glorious weekend it was here. The sun shone from dawn to dusk in a clear blue sky and on Saturday we enjoyed a trip to the seaside. Blue is my favourite  colour and it was in abundance during our family walk.
 The tide was right in lapping at our feet
People were out sailing, making the most of the unexpected weather.
My DD and Daisy enjoyed watching them.
There was a gorgeous pair of swans with their cygnet
a lovely blue door
blue (and green) beach huts


and even a "Blue" boat aptly named "Blue Monday"
So all these awesome blues and the swans inspired my weekly Visible Image inspiration project which I have called "The Snow Queen".
I used some of the gorgeous new Visible Image Christmas stamp sets
Peace, love and hope
and a sentiment from the Go to Christmas words
and teamed them with one of my all time favourite sets..
Face It!
I also used the mask with my card
I stamped the face and added some Distress glaze to seal the lips.

 I very roughly blended some blue distress inks...making them look quite swirly to look like snow swirls.


I added some shading with Broken China distress ink around her face and gave her some blue blusher too. I stamped and white embossed the small snowflake accent stamps from the Peace, love, hope set. I also added some glitter lipstick and eyeliner

Here she is

I stamped the sentiment with Versafine and added the sweet reindeer and star. The little accents in the Peace, love , hope set are very sweet and I have used them on lots of my Christmas cards.
I also added some DecoArt snow-tex around the edge of my card and sprinkled glitter on top for a really frosty effect.
I love these new Christmas stamps Mark has designed...all the sets work so well together. I have been busy making some other designs too which I will share very soon.

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:


I would like to enter my Snow Queen into the following challenges;

The Ribbon Girl 3/3 any image
Creative Inspirations 2/3 Seasonal my season is winter
Rubber Dance favourite stamp Face It! is one of my favourite Visible Image stamps.
Penny Black and More 1/3 get ready for Christmas
Artistic Stamper 3/3 take a little colour

Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave. We are rapidly approaching October now and it's time to get those Christmas cards started....only 91 days to go...ho ho ho!!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


10 comments:

  1. I love blue too.....C not so much but I know its on the horizon! I am quite into orange at the moment, must be the halloween effect I think!
    Beautiful work as always. :)
    Enjoy your week and conker hunting!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Jane, truly magical for the Christmas season which isn’t far away now is it!
    Thanks for joining us at the Rubber Dance blog today
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Jane! I love that you used a hint of blue, how perfect is that for a Snow Queen! The glittery snow is amazing and the black sure does pop! It looks like your vacation is going swimmingly! It sure looks peaceful and refreshing where you are! Thank you so much for taking time out from your trip to drop in on my blog and say hello, it was wonderful to hear from you. Enjoy the rest of your vacation! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful christmas card, great snow details! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, this is just beautiful! When I look at a face stamp like that, I would not quite know what to do....you inspire me. I'd love to see more of this face for the other 3 seasons and see what you do with it. I love the blue shading and you did a great job with her cheek bones and the lips-making them frosty since a kiss from the Snow Queen can be deadly. Love the reindeer and the star-a true stunner. As for your picture-great and Daisy must have loved seeing the swans

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea - a snow queen - perfect for our theme this month, thank you for sharing this lovely make with us at Penny Black and More, Leanne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the blues of the water and sea and boats.. and love the beach huts. We don't have those here but I think they are a great idea. Love the card!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the beautiful blues here Jane! The blue of sea and sky and boats are among my favourite things! Love your card too. Have a happy week. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jane,

    I found your blog after reading your comment at Helen's blog. I'm also a Jane!

    I so enjoyed your waterside photos; the waves and geese, and most of all, sweet Daisy! I have 3 granddaughters that I adore!

    I'll be back for more visits!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant! This is such a beautiful card! Thank you for playing along in the Rubber Dance Theme Challenge this month! xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x