Monday 29 October 2018

The witching hour draws near

Good morning, in 2 days time it is Halloween, when ghouls and ghosts are the order of the day. Since the birth of my grandchildren I have thoroughly embraced Halloween fun.  I also enjoy making special tags and then giving them on treat bags to my big and small babies.

You will have seen most of them over the weeks on my blog and today, for my Monday Visible Image design team inspiration,  I have a final one to share. These are the four Visible Image stamped ones I have shown so far.
So this is what I got up to with my final one:

Again I used the  brilliant skull stencil
I cut a black card tag and stencilled the skull using silver ink. I outlined it with white pen and red embossed the small "splat" from organics

into the eye socket.
I stamped out and coloured several poison bottles from Alice in Wonderland

 and I teamed up the small skulls from
Mr Bone Jangles

with a die cut spider.
I also used Alphabetical

to stamp the word BOO and also red embossed a small cat from Curious cats

I red embossed a pair of hands onto black card from You are not alone.
and fussy cut everything out.
I then put my design together;

with a few close ups
and one last shot
and here it is on my Son's treat bag.

For my big children (average age 30 (!)) I make up their treat bags with Halloween chocolate but also some other non sweet goodies, as my son is not really a sweet eater.
This is this years offerings.
On the chocolate front;

 Also some nuts and savoury crunch

 and a Costa voucher each to treat themselves to a drink and pastry. 

I buy my small babies (age nearly 5 and 17 months)
books. This year Jack has
and Daisy
I also made them Halloween gift wrap..I often make my own gift wrap for family presents. It makes a gift very personal.
I used Mr Bone Jangles  again to stamp onto brown paper.
and yes you will spot another tag above....this one is Daisy's using the Dark hearts stencil , Into the woods stamps and part of the sentiment from the Queen of hearts set.

Below are a few of them all ready to be opened on Wednesday...made with lots of spooky love!
I would like my BOO red/black tag
into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Monday Halloween/spooky
Simon says stamp Wednesday Halloween/spooky
Sweet stampin 1/3 humour
Crafty catz 1/3 anything goes/Halloween
Moving along with the time Halloween
Emerald Creek Dares 1/3 all things in the night
Try it on Tuesday 3/3trick or treat/Halloween

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the new challenge album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow all the latest news and inspiration via

and 

Remember to add your "autumn colours" to the FB album here The challenge
ends on 31st October. It will be great to see them all. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and remember to look out for the witches on their brooms on Wednesday night....whoooooohooo!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Splats ‘n cats ‘n skulls ‘n spiders, what an amazing Halloween collection on your tag Jane. I love the limited colour palette and design. Your family are gonna love this collection of spooky goodies. Happy Halloween xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tags, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have embraced the Halloween theme my friend, what lovely gifts and spooky tags and wrapping paper!!
    Have a spooky week,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tags and gifts!WOW!!!! Thank you for joining us over at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane
    Great creations.
    Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow an awesome collection of Halloween projects and tags. Thank you for sharing and joining our theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice mom and grandma you are to make such creative Halloween gift packages!

    BooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *H*A*L*L*O*W*E*E*N*!*
    BooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really have created some lovely Halloween art Jane! Your family are going to love them! Thanks for this latest entry at Try It On Tuesday! Happy Halloween! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do awesome Halloween crafts, those tags are fabulous and all the thought that you put into the gifts is just amazing, we used to have big party night as my youngest was born on Halloween, sadly he really doesn't care for it any more, but then he is 38 tomorrow...
    Thankyou so much for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week and good luck in the challenge...Happy Halloween..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Halloween crafts are brilliant Jane! And how lovely are the Halloween treats your put together for your children and grandchildren...so kind and thoughtful! Happy Halloween!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your Halloween tags and gifts. Brilliant that you still do a goody bag for your kids. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x