Wednesday 10 July 2019

The Newbury Stamperama stamping show with Stampers Grove

Hello I am back with some photos and a little write up of my recent demo day.  I spent Sunday demonstrating Visible Image stamps for James and Emma Dennison of  Stampers Grove at the Newbury Stamperama stamping show. I used mostly distress oxide inks, alcohol inks, Brushos and Infusions for my backgrounds, all of which they sell. 
James kindly supplied some of the photos I am sharing here with me in action (thanks James).

Here I am at 9.55am just before the doors opened. All set up and raring to go.
I made some limited edition artist trading coins for the day and it just had to be horses didn't it. One I made into my badge, two I gave to James.
Here are some of the samples I shared.

There was a constant stream of friendly visitors.


Before I had a chance to look up it was 1.35pm and time for a late lunch. Outside was the calm, quiet race course and the sunshine...just right to recharge the batteries and my voice! I sat and ate my packed lunch and this was my view.
Then it was back for the last 2 hours.
People were so lovely to chat to and so appreciative of any help and advice. One lovely lady had come all the way from near Worthing. She had seen me demo for James in May at the Worthing show and wanted to see me and  my work again. How kind! Can you guess what was the most commonly asked question? It was which inks to use for which purposes, especially black inks. 

So my card to day for my card challenges is the mermaid card I made as a sample for James. This is my favourite set in the new Visible Image release.
I added ink through the fibres stencil to background I had made with Brushos, which had an oval I die cut out.
I used alcohol inks to make an acetate  watery fill for the oval aperture.
I stamped some waves and then built up my layers. I watercoloured Miss Mermaid and her dolphin pets plus some shells and fussy cut them out. I also added some Glossy Accents to the bubbles.
Here is my finished card
with a couple of close ups..
How cute are the dolphins in this set? I used crackle accents on Miss Mermaid's tail and rubbed some gold gilding paste into the cracks. I added some "seaweed" die cuts.
 One last close up
If you would like to buy this set James has it on his website here
He also has a very extensive catalogue of Visible Image stamps here

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Penny Black and More 1/3 summer colours
Craft Stamper 2/3 July
Pixie's snippets playground #356 
Allsorts 1/3 summer fun
Crafty sentiments 1/3 add a sentiment
Die cuttin divas 1/3 summer /tropical
Through the craft room door 1/2 anything goes

If you came along on Sunday and stopped by, thank you. It really was a joy to be there. There are a couple of shows in the pipe line for next year where I will be demoing for Stampers Grove again, more details nearer the time. 

James takes Visible Image stamps plus other stamp brands and lots of gorgeous products all around the UK. There is a list of the shows he is appearing at here
When he is not at shows he of course has his online shop; here Do check him out.

Thanks so much to Stamper's Grove for Sunday, I had a blast!

***********************
*********
***

One final heads before I go that tomorrow, Thursday 11 July, I will be appearing at Dotty's Tea House, Carshalton High Street, where my one of a kind cards are sold. I will be there all day sharing some of my secrets of how I make my cards and at 11am and 2pm I will be doing some live inky demonstrations.
If you are in the area just pop in, I should be set up by 10am.  It would be lovely to see you there and yes Dotty's handmade cakes are legendary and the atmosphere there is so warm and welcoming.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Back soon, I will let you know what went on at Dotty's! 

Bye for now,

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. Lovely pix, samples and show! Nice to meet you in person, Jane.

    Sadly, Dottys (lovely as it looks) is a little too far from me but I hope the event goes well

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Canada had these types of shows but I don’t think they do...never heard about them around my area. It looks like you had a great time. Your mermaid card is great looking. Love the blues and the water effect behind her. Love the gold and the dolphin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Jane. Womnderful post. Have a great time at Dotty's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like fab day.
    Your card is amazing, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card and what wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fun time demoing at Newbury. Love your mermaid card, fabulous design and so much detail. Good luck with your demos at Dotty's Tea House tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you had a great time -you made lots of fab samples.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is so much skill in what you do Jane, all those details on your cards are fabulous ... I'm quite sure your demo's were fantastic!
    And you'll be wonderful all over again at Dotty's!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Jane - very similar to a previous one but side by side I can see how different they are. And what a wonderful time you've been having with holidays and also Stamperama. How lovely that you got to meet Kathy K as well! Jackie T was there and I might have been if the latest craft fairs there hadn't been disappointing. But, it seems as if Stamperama really started off with a swing and so many folk have said how good it was! I almost truned up at Dotty's but to be honest it's so hot right now we've been generally lying low and keeping as cool as possible!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like it was Jane heaven :) I'm happy for you that these are such a success and you're developing a fan following!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x