Monday 2 September 2019

A last butterfly for summer?

Good morning there are just 19 days left of summer 2019. I thought that today, for my Visible Image  design team make, it would be good to share the card today I made for the Craft Stamper magazine July edition, when summer was still in full swing. It still feels like summer in my garden and my buddleia is still blooming beautifully. I even spotted this gorgeous butterfly at the weekend, which I quickly snapped with my camera.
I was asked by Visible Image to design a summer card for the magazine and I chose to use the Wings of change stamp set. Such a fab butterfly set. I called my card "fragile summer" in honour of how fragile the life of a butterfly is. 
These are some of the colours I associate with summer and I chose for them for my palette.
I added some drips of water to my background and then added some background stamping using the Organics set to make some branches. 
I stamped using green versamark clair ink.
I stamped some more butterflies and coloured them with the same distress oxide colours. I then added a wink of Stella for sparkle and then Crackle Accents to give some more fragility.
I wanted the butterflies to emerge from my card so I stamped and gold embossed the Crack from "How fragile"
and cut an opening for a butterfly to emerge from
I also used some beading wire to fashion a set of antennae
and stamped, highlighted and distressed the words.
Here is my finished card
and some close ups

and one last shot
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
A bit more time to craft 1/3 anything goes
We love 2 create 1/3 anything goes mixed media
Happy Little stampers watercolour anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.

 Thanks for stopping by,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous work of art Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever card with the crack for the butterflies to emerge.
    Not many butterflies in these parts this morning, its like November here!! :(
    Butterflies for you soon though. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, love all the elements-colour, texture and stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful summery card Jane. Defo Autumnal here today...miserable!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create /Irmelin

    ReplyDelete
  6. A unique card. All its elements are wonderful and together they create a real gem.
    Thank you for joining her to our challenge at HLS Watercolor.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wonderfully unique butterflies you have created for this clever card! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge! So sorry my comments are late!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x