Thursday 26 September 2019

Rhodes photos part 2

I am back with my promised 2nd installment of photos from our recent holiday in Rhodes. Today I thought I would share our day out in Rhodes Old Town, the oldest inhabited walled city in Europe and it has World Heritage protection. It is such fun wandering up and down the ancient cobbled street in the footsteps of those millennia who have walked there in the past. 
We last visited the Old Town a couple of years ago and it has been many years since we went inside the Palace of the grand Master so we decided to remedy that.
There is so much history to this place which changed and developed  after many, different cultural invasions.


How grand the inside was and so vast (and beautifully cool)
We also visited the nearly museum, which was new to us, with fabulous mosaics outside. 


We enjoyed a wander around town too 
before returning to our resort for a cooling late afternoon swim in the sea
and then dinner as the sun set.
Just bliss, such wonderful memories.

I will share one final installment of my Rhodes photos; our butterfly valley visit, very soon.

 My card today is inspired by the sunsets in Rhodes and the rainbows I have seen this week with all the rain and sunshine. It features the awesome Visible Image Cheshire cat. I love this sentiment and it makes me smile, there will be a lot of laughter over our lunch today as we are  celebrating my Dad's 87th birthday.
The background is alcohol inks and I coloured Mr Cat with Promarkers adding Glossy accents to his eyes
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges. 

Crafting by design 1/3 anything goes
I love Promarkers anything goes/cats
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Crafty sentiments 1/3 anything goes
Penny black and more 2/3 animals
The house the stamps built 1/3 anything goes
Sweet stampers 1/3 use a sentiment

I will be back again on Monday as we have our upcoming Daisy and Jack visit. Fingers crossed the weather behaves for our Conker treasure hunt. Have a lovely weekend when we get there.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Bye for now,

Jane x


9 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time in Rhodes, Jane! Here's hoping that we get a glimpse of some of that sunshine before Winter really sets in! The days are already growing shorter and that Autumn chill is in the air in the mornings and evenings.
    I love your Cheshire Cat card and can really relate to the fun sentiment - we often say that it must be us who are mad, as we seem to be in the minority in our way of thinking!
    A big Happy Birthday to your Dad and I hope you enjoy your day together! Love and hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly wonderful trip!! So beautiful!
    And a lovely colourful card today too.
    Wishing your Dad a very happy birthday. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos of Rhodes, it's a place I've never been.
    Your card is such fun. Great image and a brilliant sentiment. Happy birthday to your Dad, I hope you all enjoyed your lunch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! He definitely looks mad! : ) Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness.. such fabulous history there.. thanks for sharing it with us who probably will never get to visit there. What a wonderful place you stay there.. I would love to swim in that amazing sea.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to visit, the pictures are absolutely beautiful!
    And a fabulous card too!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are having a fab time - fantastic card too,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you linked your colorful card up to Repeat Impressions "Anything Goes" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TYFS your photos, somewhere I would like to see one day too. Great card, love the little fish in front of him.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x