Monday 30 September 2019

The last day of September

Well here we are at the last day of September, racing towards the final months of 2019. It is time for my fortnightly Monday make today for Visible Image and I decided that I should make a start on my Halloween tags I make for my big and little babies as there are only 31 days to go and life tends to get rather busy at this time of the year.

Now this is not supposed to be at all morbid but I really enjoy walking through our parish church graveyard. I appreciate that it is where souls are buried but I think it is also a celebration of their lives rather than a focus on their death.  On a walk a few weeks back I spotted some awesome guardian angels on some of the gravestones. 
The graveyard is a haven for Mother Nature and wildlife and is a such a peaceful spot to reflect in.
This is another beautiful stone.
and this one is stunning, a memory of a dearly loved daughter.
The light which shines in through the trees is so very peaceful and uplifting. 
For my project own "Guardian angel" project I decided that I would use my Guardian angel stamp
together with some stamps in the 
This is what I got up to.
 I stamped the angel onto a piece of black card altered with distress oxide and cut it out.
 I stamped and embossed some of the moths on acetate, cut them out and added gold Glamour dust to the underside of the wings.
I sprayed a mix of pewter distress spray and yellow brushos and pixie powders onto watercolour card and die cut a tag. 
I stamped some bulbs, colouring one of the filaments in red and also stamped and cut out half of the sentiment.
I added a mixed media gothic die cut to the tag, rubbing on some metallic gilding wax for some detailing.
I also added a spider's web for effect and distressed the edges.
Then it was time to put mu design together and add a black card border just to focus the detail. I also used one of the small skulls from 
Mr Bone Jangles  which I stamped onto a book page and cut out.
Here is my finished tag.
with some close ups of the details.

and one last shot
I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges

Crafting by design 2/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Crafty sentiments 2/3 anything goes
The house the stamps built 2/3 anything goes
Sweet stampers 2/3 use a sentiment
Sweet stampin 1/3 Distressed
Allsorts 1/3 from boys to men
Crafty catz 1/3 anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and taking a walk with me through  my local very positive, inspiring graveyard. In all situations, as the sentiment states, "there is always a glimmer of light".

Back soon, 

Bye for now

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. Wow - you put a lot of work into this Halloween tag. Thanks for playing along in Repeat Impressions Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always so much work in your tags and cards Jane ... wonderful!
    I love a good walk through a graveyard, as you said peaceful, full of nature and so much history!
    Happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great artwork, Jane. Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not morbid at all Jane, I really enjoy visiting Père Lachaise when we are in Paris, it can be quite uplifting. A super tag using that inspiration, thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really super Halloween tag, a great design and some great images and dies. Thank you for joining our 'Boys to Men' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the walk through the cemetery with you. It reminded me we need to make some more funeral arrangements for ourselves so the kids won't have to do it. What a wonderful scary tag!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some amazing stones in the cemetery there - I like wandering through graveyards too. Great tag - so full of dramatic light and shade and wonderful imagery.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is amazing!! I'm always in awe of crafters who can layer elements like this. I think if I tried it, it would just look too busy and jumbled. The backgrounds you created are fabulous! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x