Wednesday 9 December 2020

Billy and the trees 2020

 Well hello everyone it's Billy here because yes you guessed it's that time of the year when trees walk inside the house. The last time I wrote for Jane's Journal was way back in the summer when it was so hot. If you missed that post you can catch it here.

Well all that summer sunshine has gone and it has turned really chilly here. I am spending more time on my green chair where I can watch the world go by. So this is what happened this year.

There was a knock on the door and a man appeared wearing a mask...what is it with all these masks this year? I noticed Jane and her Hb seem to wear them when they go out. Are the humans all trying to look like masked crusaders or something? Anyone would think there is some dreaded illness out there? 


So back to the knock on the door, there was lots of rustling and then
yes it was a new Christmas tree who told me his name was Dave. I was pleased to meet him and asked why he was wearing a hair net, were hairdressers still shut? He smiled and winked at me and at that point he was brought into the dining room. What is it with human....I know they have had such a strange year, but are even trees not allowed outside now and must self isolate?


Well at this point I heard a whistle from the garden and Baby choc was calling me and told me that he too was about to be walked indoors so I quickly got out of the way.
I chatted to Baby choc as he was carried in, he has grown lots since last Christmas. Look at all those new green shoots.
Dave was in first and was quickly relieved of his hair net.

First on were those rows of lights that come out of the loft every year. I am always scared when they open the loft hatch as my dreaded carry basket lives up there and you know what that usually means...yes the V-E-T...but phew it stayed there which must mean I am safe for now. 
Dave and I had a great time chatting and I warned him that on Christmas Eve we would be joined by the Big Man in the red suit and that the reindeer he brings will make a heck of a noise on the roof but not to be worried. 
He started looking really grand and very twinkly, just as all good Dave's should be I guess.
Out came all those shiny baubles from years back and on they went. Dave was standing up very tall and proud as they were all placed carefully on him. A couple of times I saw him twitching a bit as he was a little ticklish, especially under his lower branches. 
I know this is Jane's favourite, it dates from 1968 and her Mum bought her and her brother one that Christmas. She has a real "thing" about moons doesn't she.

It took over2 hours to hang all the baubles and then it was Baby Chocs turn. Jane puts lots of her oldies here, from her parents 1950s ones.

 to ones owned by her grandparents. 
So eventually everything was done and my how handsome Dave and Baby Choc both looked.
I am really enjoying chatting to this pair every night. 
We try to put the world to right and we hope that by this time next year the humans will have managed to sort out their virus problems. 2020 has been very tough for them. Mind you I am not complaining as I have never had so much company from Jane and her Hb. Working from home seems pretty good for me, my food is very prompt and on tap all day, all I do is meow and they provide.

Recently Jane bought a new set of cat stamps by a man called Tim Holtz (I wonder if he knows Dave) and cutting out things, I think she calls them dies. She has even named some of the cats...she calls the one below Billy after me. She has shared these cards on Instagram, if you want to see them you can follow her here
But in case you haven't seen them 
this apparently is me...hmmmm
and another pose, yes I do need a candle if it's dark, just to make sure I can see properly of course. 
and this is her old cat Cilla up to mischief. First she tried catching the robin but burnt her  paws on the lantern
so then she borrowed a set of wings. Whatever next, doesn't she know that cats can't fly? As you can guess the robin just laughed at her antics and flew off just as she landed.
Below is a new card Jane has not shared yet. She has also called this stamp Cilla as she feels it is another "pose" of the  stamp above. Now Cilla really has not got the hang of decorating a Christmas tree has she.
Even I know that mittens go on paws, most definitely NOT on trees or tails. Heavens above whatever next....

Jane says she would like to enter this into a couple of challenges, she doesn't often get a chance to do this these days!

Pixie's snippets playground #392
Simon says stamp Wednesday favourite technique I know that blending and then adding some water to oxide backgrounds is a real favoruite of Jane's techniques. She says it's simple and effective. I wonder if my paws would manage it?
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge #519
ABC Christmas x and y my favourite things are obviously these Tim Holtz cat stamps and dies!
Die cut divas anything goes
Cute card Thursday anything goes
Chocolate Baroque anything goes

Well that's it for another year from me. My paws get very tired with all this typing. No doubt I will be back next summer when Jane has her mad summer day when she makes something for Christmas on one of the hottest days of the year. Thanks for reading to the end and wishing you a very happy Tree Christmas. 

After all this hard work I am going to take things easy now.
Purrs....and zzzzzzzz

Billy xx

(Jane says she will be back soon).

14 comments:

  1. Awe Billy, I love it when you post! You really do have a time of it with those trees, I can see how confusing it can be having trees in the house. Do you know I have a real tree in my house this year for the first time in many years.
    I really do love Jane's cats, I can actually see one from where I'm sitting at the moment. :)
    Anyhow I'll let you carry on with your snooze,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great set of cards with lovely images and backgrounds. Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane and Billy! I enjoyed seeing Mr. Bill and the new tree and your pet tree! Both trees decorated up beautifully. I loved each card, very cute. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy Jane with a super collection of Christmas creations, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our December theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    And I see Billy has an identical rocking chair to our Poppy Dog, what pampered pets we have.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I throughly enjoyed Billy's story :). ..well of course I did ..after all MY instagram is dria.and.her.cats. that kind of says it all ;0

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely collection of Christmas cards and I love the idea of the trees coming inside at this time of the year from your cat!!!! Many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - lots to see and read in this post. A lovey set of feline festive cards and I just LOVE that sentiment!

    Hope you'll enjoy the Snippets Playground party. Everyone's invited . . . just bring a mince pie or two! You'll find me on cocktail duty!

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely decor on the tree and nice Christmas cards for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Billy...you made some super amazing cards of your fellow felines! Thanks for sharing them with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cards are adorable! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas, Arlene, DT for Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely post from Billy - he definitely has a way with words. Hope his paws recover soon from all that typing.
    Lovely card Jane. I think Billy is right about those mittens! Thank you for entering the Quick and Easy Challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eek, lost half written comment just now. It's so lovely to hear from you Billy and your Mum's card is great! Hope you all manage to see the family in these strange times. Sending much love

    Di - and Dudley xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm pleased to hear from Billy again and so glad that he showed your fun kitty cards!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many lovely cards, Jane, and thank you for your post-I love it! Thanks for joining the Y and Z challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x