Thursday 24 December 2020

The day before Christmas, 2020

Christmas 2020

It was the day before Christmas and all through Jane's house

Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.

But Billy was sleeping on his green chair


Oblivious to all and to all unaware

That Christmas this year is so very strange

And in fact 2020 has been re arranged.


A different Christmas, no family table

No crackers to pull or jokes to enable.

But wait what's that noise, can he hear tinkling bells

and perhaps in the distance a few ho ho yells?


Oh Daisy oh Jack please do not fear,

Santa will of course still come this year.

We will wait until spring or whenever it's fine

We'll bring our presents, crackers and wine

And celebrate then with all our good cheer,

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good year. 

I don't really know how else I could write my Christmas eve blog! If I didn't laugh I think I would cry.

We know that these restrictions are very necessary but having not seen our kids for 2 months Christmas day was going to be so very special. A little beacon of light in all this darkness. But needs must, we will get through this and look forward safer times next year.

 Please stay safe all my lovely blogging friends. Celebrate the day in which ever way you can. I shall raise my glass to you from our very quiet Christmas table.

Here is a fun virtual Christmas card to you all from Billy. He hasn't quite got the idea about stockings hanging on mantlepieces not trees but this year I will forgive him anything!

Merry Christmas!
I will see you on the other side!

Hugs,

 Jane (and Billy) x

I would also like to join in with these lovely challenges;

Pixie's Snippets playground #393

Simon says stamp Monday celebrate

Simon says stamp Wednesday sparkle and shine

ABC Christmas Y and Z my favourite things in this card are of course...cats!

Winter Wonderland end of year challenge

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas #521 

Allsorts sparkle and shine

Crimbo Crackers anything goes

13 comments:

  1. ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post Jane and Billy (meow), and a really fun card, made me smile. Enjoy as much as you can, merry Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Jane, hope you managed to enjoy your day even if it is very different to what you planned or wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas my lovely to you and M .... 2020 sucks!!!
    I hope you manage to find some peace in your day. Big hugs to gorgeous Billy.
    V xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Christmas Eve poem, Jane and your fabulous Billy inspired card, although he looks like butter wouldn't melt!
    I do hope that you have a wonderful, if different than planned, Christmas and that the New Year brings family time to share again...and sooner rather than later! Lots of love to you all, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cats face (not Billy's) sums it up Jane and had someone told us this time last year what 2020 would bring we would never have believed them. Like you so missing family, we have not seen some of our children and grandchildren since last Christmas and tomorrow is going to be strange to say the least......as with you it would be tears if I did not make myself smile and probably beans on toast would be it, but that turkey crown says otherwise so the intent is there.

    Thanks for your support of the challenges in 2020 and let's all pray for a better 2021.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great poem adaptation. Thanks for sharing.
    Super festive cat card!
    Have as good a time as possible.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Jane. I hope 2021 will be a better year for us all. A brilliant, fun card. I love the expression on the cat's face! Great poem too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great take on the poem - well adapted - I loved reading it. And - of course - the cat picture.....Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - love the cat! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poem is perfect! Really sums up the year - we too are waiting for a safe time to see family. And as a fellow cat person... your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha fun card, Jane. Cute image and great design.Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where did my comment go? I was saying what a lovely card after the few tears Billy's/your words made me shed about not seeing the little ones. If only people would abide by the rules we wouldn't be in this mess. Under cover of darkness Len spotted a neighbours son's girlfriend sneaking into his parents house thinking no-one would see her. They have flouted the rules every single step of the way and it's infuriating when others are alone. Rant over. Happy 2021

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x