Tuesday 1 June 2021

100 not out - Country View Challenges is celebrating!

 Today is so exciting as not only is it the 1st of June and summer is just around the corner but over at Country View Challenges we are celebrating our 100th challenge. Yes isn't that incredible! I joined the team 5 years ago at challenge number 38 which means I have posted 124 DT makes (2 each month!). 

For this special "100" month there are 2 parts to the challenge and 2 prizes. Firstly there is the usual theme to follow . The theme is to use any of the DTs makes as inspiration and to add the number 100 in your make. But also this month if you comment on the challenge blog and all the DTs blogs you will be entered into a draw for a second prize.  Please tell us which DT make you used. You can find all the details here

This was my first DT post here and a photo below of my very first design team make on 1st April 2016

So for my first make I decided to be inspired by my first design team make and use the same accordion die. I bought this die from Susan over at Country View Crafts about 6 years ago and it is how I "found" her and how our friendship started. She was one of the few UK stockist's of a really good range of Tim Holtz products and I am pleased to be a long time shopper on her website. 

Each part of my card also has a very personal "meaning for me" and I will try to explain each part of it. Tim Holtz has been my main inspiration for my crafting for over 10 years now. He never loses his enthusiasm for crafting and is so supportive of peoples' work. I had the pleasure of meeting him in person at a UK workshop 3 years ago. He is every bit as charming and enthusiastic in real life. One of life's very genuine crafters. He has no "hidden agenda" at all.   As I own every colour of the distress ink palette it seemed most appropriate that I used his newest colour, Salvaged Patina for my card.

First I made some backgrounds using the oxide and stain sprays. It is such a gorgeous colour, my new favourite. I used them to cut out my backgrounds. I used white card for the main base of the accordion card.

I also used Tim's newest numeral thinlets die to cut out the number 100.

I decided to use my Lady Rose stamp set to add some stamping to the panels as this is one of my all time favourites sets by Tim and I use it so much.

I have some very old clear stamps of Tim's I bought years ago and they had some very relevant sentiments in the right size too so I used 2 of these.

I used my "Billy" snarky cat as he just had to feature. I love these cat stamps. I gave him a little piece of flower die to hold too.  This stamp is so much like my own sweet gentle cat Billy.


I also love Tim's original wildflowers dies so I die cut some flowers and I also "had" to use my ladybird from his Entomology set as this is another of my favourite sets and I love ladybirds! I also used some other insects from this set which can be spotted in the final photos. 

I added some stamping and colour to the 100
Then it was time to put the panels together. 
Here is my finished card.
with some close ups.






and one final shot.




I really loved making this card. It will be one of those very rare makes that I made for me to keep.
All those memories wrapped up in one card.

If you want to use my card for your inspiration to join in our 100 challenge you could copy one of my panels, the colours I used, Billy the cat, the flowers, insects...the list is endless. Please remember to mention in your entry what you used for your inspiration if it is not obvious. 

I am back on Saturday, 5th June with my 2nd "100" make and for that one I was inspired by one of the workshops held by Susan. It was such a  hilarious time: we tripped the power by drying tea stained material with so many heat guns....and we listened to the chatter of lots of gorgeous mice..I kid you not!

If you made it to the end thank you. 

Remember that if you also leave a comment on the challenge blog, mine and the rest of the DTs blogs there is also a 2nd prize up for grabs! Once again the link is here.

I would love to see you also over on Instagram where I share new creative makes nearly every day. This is my link/profile @jane.tyrrell
Sadly these days I just don't have the time to blog everything! 

Bye for now,

Jane x

14 comments:

  1. Gosh that's a lot of posts!!
    This is a truly fantastic card Jane, that colour is stunning and I always love to see Billy the cat!! Beautiful work.
    Happy June my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card...love all the detail and my favoritess...snarky cats and salvaged patina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what an awesome card its so detailed I love the kitty !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your very first post here at CVC was beautiful but the new one is fabulous too!!! You chose great sentiments from Tim!!! And the new colour is fantastic!!! Have a happy June!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous project Jane ! Those cats are totally adorable.. I didn't realise we joined at the same time.. Have a happy 100th and a lovely month of June ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous Jane, you must be Tims number one fan lol. Take care and have a very happy June, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, stunning! I love how your first accordion design inspired you and the fun elements you added, the cat made me smile 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy June! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this brings me back! I too joined at the same time and have enjoyed my time in the team (still do...). A lovely make Jane, lots of yummy stamping and you can tell it's made with feeling.
    And... I too started my journey with CVC with a die, a TH die in fact, Tattered Flowers... it was so popular it was out of stock everywhere until Susan managed to grab a few more! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to celebrate the 100th CV challenge Jane and no better way to create something just for you, created with feeling we all can get wrapped up in other makes sometimes it's a nice feeling to just be and create free. Loved seeing old and newer TH products used to create such a beautiful die cut card, that sentiment goes so well with the kitty. I've had many a bargain from Susan over the years. Thank you for sharing this inspiring creation and Happy 100th CV Challenge.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Jane - so much detail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Jane - such a lot of work involved in this :-) Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. An excellent project Jane, you are such an inspiration. Loving this colour and die and all the hard work definitely paid off xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jane, your card is fabulous! I love every panel and all of it!
    I didn´t realize, that we started as DTs at the same time - I always thought, you were in much longer.
    Have a very happy June.
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely awesome! I love the kitty cat! Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x