Saturday 5 June 2021

Celebrating Country View Crafts 100

Good morning I am back with my 2nd design team make for our special 100th challenge over at Country View Challenges. 

The theme for this month is to use one of our design team makes for inspiration and make something which also includes the number 100 in some way.  Please tell us who's make you used for your inspiration. You could be inspired by a colour way, stamps, theme dies etc one of us have use. You could ever CASE one of our makes if you want to. If it is not obvious what inspiration you used please can you clarify your entry with a short explanation. All the details are here.

I first met Susan, the owner of Country View, in person, at one of the Workshops she used to host in a fab village hall in Flitwick in  Bedfordshire. I was able to take a direct train from London there and it really was the most delightful of days out. It is also where I met my dear friend Brenda who taught at the workshops and who I still regularly meet as she lives not too far away. We have a mutual love of gardening and crafting and have so much in common. Brenda herself was one of the original cast of CV challenges. We had such good times at the Flitwick workshops and I made some gorgeous vintage things with her including this canvas;

and this tag memory book.

 I must have attended several the years until the hall sadly became unavailable to hire any longer. After that Susan used her own premises and until Covid intervened still held regular workshops. For me the drive there is long and congested especially round the M25 but I have been fortunate to still attend a couple. One of my absolute favourites was one where Tracey Easson of Just and girl and her Imagination stamps came to teach a workshop making a book. We had such a laugh, especially when the power went down as so many heat guns were drying tea soaked cloth that it tripped the electricity supply. Luckily very quickly power was restored and we carried on. Such fond memories.

So I decided to make a CVC 100 card using my favourite stamp set by Tracy called Whispering sweet nothings. I also wanted to use my newest distress ink bought from CVC, Salvaged Patina 

This is what I got up to;


 

Here is my finished card;

with a couple of close ups

and one final shot.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Monday Inspired by an artist mine is the lovely and talented Tracy Easson.
Crafty catz anything goes
Cute card Thursday anything goes
Addicted to stamps and more make your mark
A bit more time to craft 1/3 anything goes
Happy little stampers watercolour anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by, once again all the challenge details are here.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

Before I go I just want to mention that FeedBurner are removing their "follow by email" function from Blogger at the end of the month. I have removed it from my side bar already. I have over 1,000 existing lovely email subscribers who I would hate to loose. If you have a Blogger account and currently get notifications by email of my new blog posts I would love if you would just hit my "follow" button on my side bar. My posts will then show up in your reader list feed. Otherwise if you follow me on Instagram, this is me here; or you can find me as @jane.tyrrell I will always mention there which of my posts are blogged. Thanks so much for all your support, Jx

4 comments:

  1. Awe such a sweet celebration card ... I do love those cute little mice!!
    Happy Sunday lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Jane, I love the circles, and of course Tracey's fabulous stamps. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely background and love the soft colours and cute image, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely design, Jane, with a cute image and clever touches! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x