Wednesday 25 May 2022

Celebrating the Queen's platinum jubilee with Visible Image

 Good morning it's time for my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. It is also nearly time for the bank holiday to celebrate the Queen's Platinum jubilee so I thought I would make something very British! Of course I had to use their awesome

Grungy union Jack stencil

and with it I used their Anyone for bubbles stamp set
and what could be more British than their Afternoon tea stamp set
I also used a sentiment from Lost for words

This is what I got up to;

I decided to make my card very patriotic so I went with the classic red, white and blue colour scheme. To make my stenciled background I used  candied apple and prize ribbon distress inks as to me they are the best colours to use with the flag stencil, (But of course you can use any blue or red ink you have in your stash). I have made this background many times before but never shared the process, so today I am sharing my method.  
I use low tack masking tape to tape down the sides of the stencil to the card. The T on my stencil is so that I have it the correct way round and up!
I then use cheap masking tape to  mask off all the "blue" parts of the flag.
and then apply the red ink with my ink blending tool. 
I then remove the tape and tape over the "red" areas and then blend through the blue ink. 
The reveal is always such fun!

Because masking up takes a little time I tend to make a little batch of these backgrounds as I often use them for cards for my Tearooms.

I then stamped the sentiment in the centre using one of the sentiments from  Lost for words
I made my champagne and afternoon tea elements by stamping onto different colours of card and paper piecing them together. Here are a few. I added the bubbles to the glasses using the stamp in the set. 
Adding glossy accents to the glasses makes them look so realistic. 



I added some pen highlights too using white and gold glitter pen.
Then it was time to assemble my design. I added a few of my sequins as a finishing touch. 
Here it is;
with a couple of close ups to show the details;



and one last shot.
My design team card was made as a sample for the new release and sent to Visible Image so I decided to make another version for me
 to sit on my window sill, ready for the Jubilee celebrations next week.

 I hope you enjoy your long bank holiday next week. We are planning on treating ourselves to an afternoon tea delivered to our home. The Bubbles is already in the fridge. Cheers! 

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I organize a monthly artist trading card swap there.  We are celebrating a whole year of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 90 people, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details for each swap are  put up in the group on 23rd of the month. There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time! 

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here


Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

Back soon,

Bye for now. 


Jane x



2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Jane - absolutely stunning for the queen's jubilee
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Jane it's absolutely wonderful, just perfect for the the Jubilee ... which will definitely be a day for bubbles .. and I think some Victoria sandwich too.
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x