Wednesday 31 August 2022

A gift bag for Visible Image

 Hello everyone it's the very last day of August and I am back with my latest blogged design team make for Visible Image. For today's project I made something a little different, a simple gift bag using a stencil and a stamped tag. There are clickable links on all the products I used which which will take you to the website.

These are the products I used;

Ink swirls stencil

and some words from the Nothing to wear stamp set

You could easily adapt my make using many of the other Visible Image stencils too. There are plenty to find on the website and you can check out the whole range here.
 This is what I go up to; 
I used a plain Kraft gift bag picked up in my local Works shop.
I used my distress oxides for this make as they are a dye and pigment mix of ink and show up more clearly on kraft card. They are also easier to blend together.
I used a whole mix of colours. First I placed a piece of low tac masking tape across the top of the bag to protect the handles.

Then I placed the stencil down and used a mix of the inks with blending brushes to apply the inks.
As the bag was longer that the stencil I repositioned it underneath and repeated the process.
After removing the masking tape from the top I added a little more oxide ink to all the front edges of the bag.
I die cut some labels and stamped the word smile and the daisy from the  Nothing to wear stamp set and added a little more oxide to their edges.
I added a combination of string and ribbon and then tied it to the handle of the bag.
Here is the finished bag
with a close up 

and one final shot.

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you pop over. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I organize a monthly artist trading card swap there.  We celebrated a whole year of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. 100 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details for each swap are put up in the group on 23rd of the month. There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best. 

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

A little heads up that if you would like to learn how to use distress ink and oxides in person and how I use them with Visible Image stamps, stencils and dies, I will be demoing for Country View Crafts (one of VI's UK stockists) at the Stamperama Show at Bedford International athletic centre on Sunday 25th September. Here is a link for the details. Pop the date in your diary. I will share of my demos and samples during the coming weeks. 
It would be really lovely to meet you if you are planning on coming. Do stop by the stand and say hello.

Back soon,

Bye for now,


Jane x


1 comment:

  1. Awe this is such a lovely idea Jane ... and it looks amazing!!
    Enjoy your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x