Monday 1 August 2022

August birthdays with Country View Challanges

Happy 1st August everyone. Summer is in full swing now and it's time for our new challenge over at Country View Challenges. Our theme this month is "Birthdays" so we would like to see you make a birthday card or gift using any products. You can enter a maximum of  5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges including ours. As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here. 

 It's funny that in our family there are no August Birthdays so I made some new birthday cards for Dotty's instead and this is what I got up to. I used the following stamp set , Visible Image's Blow out the candles  This set is great for birthdays and has large cake, a cupcake, awesome candles and some brilliant birthday sentiments. 

I used it with the fab ripples stencil

This is what I got up to;

I used a sheet of my shaving foam marbled card from my stash and added  picked raspberry distress ink through the ripples stencil


I stamped the large cake from Blow out the candles onto cream card in brown ink and then added a few layers by stamping onto other card using red ink. I paper pieced some of the icing and buttercream and some of the buttercream was coloured using gel and glitter pens. I always make batches of these as they are very useful to have at hand.
The set has 3 brilliant candles and a "glow" stamp which when stamped around the flames gives such a cool effect. 
I added the cake underneath and stamped the sentiments in place.
I then added some Stickles glitter glue to the icing and a few sequins as a finishing touch.

Here is my finished card
with a close up
and one final shot.

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our August "birthday" challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 

  Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website UK postage is FREE on orders over £20.00

Once again here you can find all the details for our August challenge here.

I am back on the 9th August with my 2nd birthday card where I have gone to the floral side! 

I would love to see you over on Instagram where I share new creative makes nearly every day. This is my link/profile @jane.tyrrell
Sadly these days I just don't have the time to blog everything! 

*****Lastly a little heads and a date for your diary*****
In just under 8 weeks time I will be demoing all things Visible Image and Distress ink (plus lots more) for Country View Crafts at the Stamperama Show at Bedford International athletic centre on Sunday 25th September. Here is a link for the details. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous birthday card! Loving that stencilled background and the sparkle on the cake is perfect 😊. Happy August! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jane ! That cake looks good enough to eat ! Have a great August ! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Jane, that little pile of cakes look absolutely delicious!! :)
    Happy August lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fabulous, Jane!!! The cake looks great with the glitter glue and with the background!!! Have a happy August!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - I love that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely Jane, a great stamp set! Take care and have a very happy August, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who doesn't like a birthday cake! Great card Jane. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful birthday card dear Jane! That cake looks yummy and I really love the background.
    Have a wonderful August!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x