Wednesday 14 September 2022

September new release for Visible Image

It's a very exciting day for me today as I am blogging my first design team make using the awesome new Visible Image release. There are 3 new stencils and 6 stamp sets. They are available to pre order now ahead of their worldwide release on 23rd September. You can check them all out on the website here. 

All the new stamps and stencils are so uniquely gorgeous that I had a really tough time deciding which of my samples to share first. I have made samples with each one and I have been sharing some of my makes over on Instagram so do check that out too. You can find me here @jane.tyrrell  Mine and my fellow DT teamies samples are also being shared by Visible Image over on their social media pages. The links are at the bottom of this post. 

But chose I had to and I decided my first is going to be the  card sample I made to showcase using the beautiful Antisocial butterfly stamp set.

This is what I got  up to;

I used a 5.25" square piece of white mixed media card and stamped the words and butterfly in black and clear heat embossed. I then stamped the design below using the accessory stamps in the set using barn door distress archival ink. Both these stamping methods will allow the application of spray inks without any smudging of the images. 

I then sprayed some water across the top of the card and added a spritz from left to right of candied apple, mustard seed, broken china and wilted violet distress stain sprays. I couldn't take process photos of this as I needed both hands and a splat box! However if you would like to see this technique demoed in person do read to the end of this post. 
I dried this off with a heat tool and then added a few more flicks of water and re dried. 
I stamped the butterfly onto a scrap of white card and cut it out minus the antennae. I coloured it with distress ink, which you will see in the final photos, adding some gold detailing to the edges of the wings. I then adhered it on top of the butterfly stamped on the card. I also added some 3D glue under the wings to give some extra dimension. I also added some gold ink detailing to the small butterflies. I also added some Glossy Accents to some of the circles to give an extra shine.
Using a distress tool I distressed the edges of the card background and then matted it up and adhered it to a white square card blank. 

Here is it;

with a couple of  close ups;

and 1 final shot;

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you pop over. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I organize a monthly artist trading card swap there.  We celebrated a whole year of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. 100 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details for each swap are put up in the group on 23rd of the month. There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best. 

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

So a little heads up that if you would like to learn how to use distress ink and oxides (and hopefully pencils) in person and how I use them with Visible Image stamps, stencils and dies, I will be demoing for Country View Crafts (one of VI's UK stockists) at the Stamperama Show at Bedford International athletic centre on Sunday 25th September. Here is a link for the details. Pop the date in your diary. I will be sharing some of my demos and samples during the coming weeks. I will have all the new Visible Image release (and lots of their other sets) with me to demo and it will be on sale at the show too. 

It would be really lovely to meet you if you are planning on coming. Do stop by the stand and say hello. Look out for these badges 
and of course I'll be wearing a smile 😄

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card Jane ... there are those fruit salad colours again! :)
    Enjoy the rest of your week lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x