Wednesday 28 September 2022

Branching out for Visible Image

Hello it's time for my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. Today I am using one of the 3 new stencils from their awesome new release. There are 3 new stencils and 6 new stamp sets which you can check out on the website here. I have made samples with each one and I have been sharing many of my makes over on Instagram so do check that out too. You can find me here @jane.tyrrell  Mine and my fellow DT teamies samples are also being shared by Visible Image over on their social media pages. The links are at the bottom of this post. 

For today's make I used the gorgeous Branch out stencil. This is perfect for stand alone projects or for using with their gorgeous stamps too. 

I also used the sentiment from the Totally toadstools stamp set

I decided to make an autumnal canvas and this is what I got  up to;

I used an 6 X 8" piece of  heavy weight smooth card for my project. I mixed some Deco Art crackle paint with gathered twigs distress re-inker to get a light brown colour.

which I then applied through the stencil, lifted off and left to dry. 
Once thoroughly dry I added a circle of squeezed lemonade distress ink for the sun and then worked from light to dark adding 3 shades of green distress ink. 
I also created some hills using a hill template and vintage photo distress ink. (You can use torn paper to do this with too). 
I then put a piece of scrap paper to protect the sun and flicked on some drips of water. You will see the effect in the final photos. 
I used vintage photo ink and a small brush to stencil the single crow and the flying flock (seen in the final photos).
I stamped the words from the Totally toadstools stamp set under the tree roots and matted and layered my canvas. 
Here is my finished canvas;
with a couple of close ups;


Such a powerful sentiment with the single crackled tree.
and one last shot;
All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you pop over. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I organize a monthly artist trading card swap there.  We celebrated a whole year of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 105 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details and sign up for each swap are posted in the group on the 23rd of the month. There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best. 

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Jane ... just love the tree trunk, so realistic!
    Enjoy your week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x