Saturday 1 April 2023

Things with wings for the April Country View challenge

Hello everyone and welcome to April and the new challenge from Country View. It is also my birthday today and no, that's not an April fool! Our challenge for my birthday month is "Things with wings". This could be animals, insects or even planes.  You can enter a maximum of 5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges, including ours. As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

  Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website UK postage is FREE on orders over £20.00 I have added some live links within my post to take you to some of the products I used.  

I have a real "thing" about ladybirds and I was delighted to see a gorgeous ladybird set in the newest Visible Image release. The stamp set is A7size and called "Little ladybirds" . These sets are really versatile and very reasonably priced at only £6.99 each. They are on the website here So of course today on my birthday I had to make a ladybird birthday card didn't I. 

I used it with the Distressed brick stencil 

and a sentiment from "Lost for words" 

This is what I got up to; I used a piece of inky mop up card from my stash 
I added wild honey and fired brick distress inks through the stencil
and cut the card down to 5 1/4" square.

I stamped and clear embossed the Little ladybirds and coloured them with distress pencils. Susan has all 3 sets here as a special offer, or she has the sets individually too. I love these pencils and use them so much. I cut the ladybirds out minus their antennae and legs. Don't worry they get them back when the card is put together!

I stamped the sentiment and re stamped the ladybirds again on the background. I then added the cut out ladybirds on top to give them their legs and antennae back. 
I added some sequins as a finishing touch and then matted up and adhered the card to a white square card blank. 

Here is my finished card
with a couple of close ups;


and one last shot;


I hope I may have inspired you to join in with the challenge this month? Once again here you can find all the details for our April challenge here.

Susan has all the new Visible Image release in stock and many more of their fab stencils, coordinating dies and those hard to find in stock layering dies...do check them out here


I'm off to get ready for my family lunch and enjoying having all the kids, big and small coming up to spend the day with us.

 I'll be back with my 2nd things with wings card on 15th April.

 
Bye for now,

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful card, Jane (I adore ladybugs). Hope you have a really happy birthday, and can go somewhere exciting to celebrate. Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty little ladybirds!
    Hope you've had a lovely birthday my friend.
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Jane, I love your stencilled background! Take care and have a great April, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab project Jane ! Have a lovely April ! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, Jane! Have a great Birthday month... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely birthday card, Jane!!! Have a happy April! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card, Jane, I love the ladybirds!
    Happy belated birthday!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your ladybirds and the beautiful background you have created for them.Hope you had an amazing birthday and thanks for all of the links.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! It's beautifully created and I loved seeing how it all came together 😊. Sending you happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x