Wednesday 29 March 2023

A whisky drink.....

 Good morning I am here today with my latest blogged design team make for Visible Image. Unless you have been living under a log you will know the awesome March new release went live on Friday. The night before they had a Live launch party on their YouTube channel which was so much fun. If you missed it live do check it out on catch up as all the design team samples, including mine were shown up close and personal. There are 6 smaller A7 size stamp sets and 3 A6 size with coordinating dies in this release.

Today I am sharing a step by step of  how I made my sample using the brilliant Splash of whisky set available here with its coordinating dies available here  
I teamed it with the framed fibres die
 I had the idea to make a log cabin wall with a "window" on which to rest the whisky glass and bottle. Think deep dark woods in Scotland and open fires...yes this is where my imagination wandered off to!

 This is what I got up to; I die cut the fibres from a piece of inky card.
I also die cut an aperture into a rectangle of kraft card and repeat stamped the log from the set to make a "wall"

I added black card underneath
and then slotted in the coloured fibres die cut. I stamped both sentiments onto white card and added brads to the bottom one.  

I stamped and die cut out the bottle which I coloured using distress pencils 
 adding some white pen details and gold to the top.
I stamped and die cut the glass with the ice cube stamped inside and I also stamped and die cut several lemon peel twists and ice cubes. I added glossy accents to the glass and ice cubes which you will see in the final photos.
I coloured the peel with distress pencils.
I had the idea to poke the peel into the fibres die cut. 
Then I put everything together and adhered it to a black card blank.

Here is my finished card. 
with a couple of close ups 
you can see the glass shining with glossy accents below
and 1 final shot;
It really is a brilliant set and a perfect final addition to the unique and amazing Visible Image drinks cabinet.  It is also perfect for those always hard to make male cards.   You now have gin, wine, champagne, beer, cocktails and whisky sets to choose from. And all of them have coordinating dies.

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you join us.  You will be warmly welcomed and see lots of inspiration from the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I also organize a monthly artist trading card swap in the group.  We will be celebrating 2 years of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 117 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details and sign up for each swap are posted in the group on the 23rd of the month. So the next sign up, for May, opens on 23rd April, if you would like to join us.  A little heads up that as it is our 2nd anniversary next month there might be a little giveaway too! There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I always share many more projects than I have the time to blog. Do pop on over to see what I get up to. I share something most days.

Back soon,

Bye for now,


Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Great card Jane ... brilliant words, they made me smile. :)
    Happy Wednesday lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant design, Jane. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x