Saturday 17 June 2023

Vintage Christmas post 2

Hi it's time for my 2nd design team make for Country View Challenges to hopefully inspire you to join in our current challenge. The theme for June is "Vintage" so your make must have a vintage vibe to it...so no cute cartoon characters for this one please! You can enter a maximum of 5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges, including ours. As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

I love a vintage Christmas, this is one of the many sets of Christmas crackers I have made over the years. 

  Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website UK postage is FREE on orders over £20.00 I have added some live links within my post to take you to some of the products I used. 

Now to me no one does vintage like Tim Holtz and so both of my design team make for this month use Tim products. Also no one does Christmas like Tim so I also decided make a 2nd Christmas card. I do find that having a couple ready made in my stash is very helpful before I start my big Christmas card making in the autumn. 

This is what I got up to;

I sprayed a piece of card using iced spruce and salvaged patina stain sprays. 

I added some background stamping using distress archival inks

I used some of Tim's ephemera and circles 25th December...I wonder why!!!

I then put my design together adding some stars and ribbon and mounted it up and onto a kraft card base.
with a couple of close ups;

and one final shot;

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with the challenge this month? Once again here you can find all the details for our June challenge here;

Enjoy the rest of the month.

Bye for now,

Jane x

2 comments:

  1. I saw this one first on FB (or Instagram) and still love it. Yes, when Christmas and Vintage is involved Tim is THE authority! Although is also very good at Halloween... x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x