Thursday 1 June 2023

Vintage vibes for Country View Challenges

Good morning and welcome to (hopefully) sunny June.   It's also time for a new challenge over at Country View. The theme for June is "Vintage" so your make must have a vintage vibe to it...so no cute cartoon characters for this one please! You can enter a maximum of 5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges, including ours. As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

  Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website UK postage is FREE on orders over £20.00 I have added some live links within my post to take you to some of the products I used. 

Now to me no one does vintage like Tim Holtz and so both of my design team make for this month will be using Tim products. Also no one does Christmas like Tim so I also decided to get a start on my Christmas cards  (yes shhhh  don't tell my friend Vivienne, she will have a fit!) I really do find that having a couple ready made in my stash is very helpful before I start my big Christmas card making in the autumn. 

This is what I got up to;

I took some of my Tim Holtz ephemera and teamed it with a paper doll and a 3D angel wing which I embossed using white card.

I made a distress stain spray background using mermaid lagoon and saltwater taffy oxides.
I added some background stamping using distress archival inks


and added Gilded foundry wax to the wings. They shine beautifully IRL.
I then turned my Christmas paper doll into a Christmas angel with them.

I added glossy accents to the holly berries and glitter to the pine needles and put my card together. 

Here it is

with a close up

and 1 final shot

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with the challenge this month? Once again here you can find all the details for our June challenge here;

I will be back with my 2nd "Vintage" make on 11th June. 

Bye for now,

Jane x


5 comments:

  1. Ahem!! Having a fit over here!!! :) :) :)
    Happy sunny Summer my friend!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Christmas Vintage card, Jane! The wings are a perfect match with the paper doll, the background had yummy layers of inks and stamping... Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful Jane, your background is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Loving your Christmas creation and the angel wings look amazing with the touches of gold - perfect 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card, Jane! I love everything about it!
    Have a wonderful time!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x