Wednesday 21 June 2023

Summer butterflies

 Good morning and welcome to the first day of summer. It's time for my fortnightly Wednesday blogged design team make for Visible Image. It seemed the perfect day to share the step by step of a card I make using the antisocial butterfly stamp set
with its new coordinating dies.

They cut out the 2 butterfly stamps in the set beautifully. I love fussy cutting but the tiny butterfly is small and these dies make quick work of cutting out.

I also used the gorgeous "Renaissance stencil"


This is what I got up to;

For my background I sprayed squeezed lemonade, twisted citron and broken china distress stain sprays though the "Renaissance" stencil.
I stamped the large and small butterflies in blue ink
and die cut them. I then added some colour using glitter pens and distress pencils.



I stamped the collage into the centre of the background


and added the butterfly sentiment above

I stuck the coloured die cut butterfly over the top.

I placed the small butterflies symmetrically around the background finishing off with some glossy accents in the circles of the collage.

Here is my finished card;
with a couple of close ups


and one final shot;

All the Visible Image links are listed below;


The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you join us.  You will be warmly welcomed and see lots of inspiration from the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I also organize a monthly artist trading card swap in the group.  We are currently celebrating 2 years of swapping. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 140 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details and sign up for each swap are posted in the group on the 23rd of the month. So the next sign up for July, opens this Friday, 23rd June,  if you would like to join us.  There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

A little heads up before I go, as I do love to "enable", that if you use the code DIES20 over on the website there is 20% off the 4 new co ordinating die sets. You will need to be quick though as this end on the last day of June or until the first stock runs out. 

The new Christmas in July release is also available to pre order too...for the 1st July release. Do check it out.

 There are 5 gorgeous new stamp sets and 3 fab stencils. I will be sharing a make with the shining star set for my next design team blog post in 2 weeks time. Here's a little sneak peek.
You can pre order them here. In the meantime I have been sharing some of my samples over on Instagram so do pop on over. 

Happy summer everyone,

Bye for now,

 

Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card ... I do love a butterfly!
    Happy summer lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x