Sunday 1 September 2024

Autumn richness for our September Country View crafts challenge

 Hello everyone, it's time for my first blogged design team make for our September Country View Crafts challenge hosted over on Facebook. You don't need a blog or an Instagram account, just head over to the group and join in with the fun! The link is Here and if you are not already a member just request to join and we will warmly welcome you. It is also be a place you can be the first to hear about workshops, the latest releases etc etc. We have a happy membership of over 340 crafters and we are growing every day. You can enter the challenges up to 5 times as you like as long as you use products or brands which are stocked on the Country View Website.

I am delighted to be the host for the challenge for this month and I have chosen the theme "autumn richness" So I would like to see makes using the colours, images, leaves, animals etc of autumn. 


This is my make, a birthday card for my best friend who's special day is on Thursday. It was inspired by all the wonderful acorns I see ripening on the trees. To me this is always the first sign of autumn.


I used the gorgeous Acorn Tim Holtz 3d embossing folder available here. I coloured it with distress mica crayons and added some splashed of distress spritz.

This is how it came together;

First I embossed my piece of white card using the 3D folder. I coloured it with a mix of regular and mica distress crayons. 



Once finished I thought it looked a little bare so I got out my distress spritz


and flicked some over the background.


I stamped a sentiment from Tim's  Floristry stamp set and matted everything onto gold paper and then a white card blank. 

Here are a couple of close ups;



and 1 final shot.


I hope I might have inspired you to join us? We have this awesome PaperArtsy stamp set and printed tissue prize up for grabs for one randomly selected entry.


Remember that you can enter up to 5 times too!

Remember you can find me most days over on Instagram Here @jane.tyrrell where I share many, many more makes then I have the time to blog.

I will be back to share my 2nd design team make for the challenge on 17th September.

Bye for now,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x