Saturday 18 January 2014

When Billy met Daisy

We have enjoyed some wonderful Daisy time recently, our girls stayed with us for 4 whole days last week and they are coming back this weekend with T to celebrate my Hbs birthday (which is on Monday). I have baked a quick cake...no special icing this time...as it's not a "big birthday". I thought I would share these fun photos of when Billy met Daisy.

Our Billy is such a good cat but living just with my Hb and me he is used to a very quiet house. He is very funny the way he sits on the velux windows looking down into our kitchen and I snapped these photos the other day as he looks as if he is suspended in mid air in the sky.

As you can imagine our velux windows always have cat paw prints on them.

When Daisy arrives he often disappears outside, upstairs to his box or our bed but last week he stayed downstairs with us. He was even bold enough to say hello.


He was rather mystified though...Daisy is the first baby he has met. I have tried to tell Billy that she is coming again today...hmmm I wonder if he will stay where he is at the moment...
or will he start his look out....
We're counting down the hours. I can't wait, it will be so good to get together again; in my house we don't need much excuse for a celebration.

So my card challenge to day has a cat and birthday theme featuring a cute Nelly Snellen stamp.

I coloured her and the tabby cat with my Promarkers and highlighted with Prismacolor pencils. The leaf die cuts and large butterfly are Cheery Lynn. The small butterfly is a MS punch.My papers are from my stash and I have used some pearls to add some accents.
The round sentiment is LOTV.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Natalie and Amy One for the girls
Feeling Crafty Butterflies
The Artistic Stamper Love is in the air
Penny Black and More Love and romance
Whimsy stamps Something new my new are my lovely blue pearls
Pan Pastel UK anything goes
Pile it on celebrations
Papertake weekly New anything my new are my pearls
Deep Ocean birthdays

I need to get my skates on as it will be time to get things set up soon and everyone is arriving mid afternoon. M and I have Monday off work so we will celebrate his actual  birthday too, we are probably going up to London, our favourite place in the world to explore.

Enjoy the weekend everyone, thanks for your kind visits and the sweet comments you leave me here. I really enjoy reading them. It looks like there will be some overnight rain tonight but otherwise a welcome spell of drier weather here in the South East. Can I also extend a very warm welcome to my new followers who have joined me, you are most welcome.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane (and Billy) xx

27 comments:

  1. Awe I love the floating Billy photos...brilliant!
    Goodness the way time goes, it will be no time at all until Daisy is chasing poor Billy around!
    Love the card!!!!! ;)
    Happy birthday to M, have a lovely celebration,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jane! Those photos of Billy are fabulous and it does look like he's floating in mid air in the first one! Reminds me of the pocture I took of my youngest lay on the glass floor of the Sky Tower in Calgary, though that was a little higher!
    Nice to see Billy is warming to the idea of having a little one in the house, but cats can be so fickle!
    Love your pretty card with that sweet image and gorgeous colours!
    Have a wonderful day with the family and a Happy Birthday for Hb for Monday! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear Jane, Billy is so funny and really a love. He was so calm and present with Daisy. I think he could feel the love of that little one along with all the love you have for her. Billy wants you to all be one big happy family!!!
    Happy Birthday to your husband, so nice to have Monday off to have a special celebration.
    Have a fun weekend with the your family, xoRobin
    Oops love the card, really appropriate : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jane,

    This is my favorite post - it's starring those two precious things, Miss Daisy and handsome Billy! Them meeting is just too cute! And those pictures of Billy up in that window, wow!

    Happy Birthday to M, have a lovely celebration-weekend!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What adorable photos, he is so beautiful!
    Love the fabulous card too!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it is the amazing levitating cat!!! Loved those photos, Billy is such a clever lad.

    Have a splendid time in London, I absolutely love going there, at any time of year its always beautiful.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jane.. what a fun post! Seeing Billy suspended in mid-air was a hoot! I called both grandsons over to share the photos with them and they loved it.. then I introduced them to Daisy Jane and they both said.. awwww. Enjoy your party! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - my girls loved your pictures of the flying Billy! I wonder if he did stay when Daisy arrived - I suspect not for long. My puss exits as soon as my girls arrive home from school. I love your card - such a sweet image! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome photos of billy and well worth the paw prints and wow gorgeous card beautiful
    Hugs Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from Premium Craft Brands, Love it xxx Terry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos of Billy and love those with Daisy. Hope you had a lovely time together and happy birthday to Hb. Love your card to go with the weekend theme.
    Only 4 more days!!
    hugs {Brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and adorable card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and More, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jane,

    This is such a gorgeous card! Such a cute image and I really love the colours and embellishments you've used.

    Thank you so much for taking part in Natalie and Amy's challenge this month - good luck!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like that top photo. Took me a minute to figure things out. I'm sure Billy and Daisy will turn out to be the best of friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love your photographs - Billy is one handsome boy & Daisy is a beautiful cutie :)

    Fabulous card, love your design, colours & image - thank you for joining in with us over at Feeling Crafty Challenge ~ good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Flying Billy and smiling Daisy…..hoping they will be great friends.
    Happy Birthday to M. Have a lovely 3 day weekend.
    Fun card…..

    Anne and all
    PlumCreek Studio

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my your Billy is so funny!
    The pictures of him sitting on the velux window really crack me up, I had never seen anything like it before!
    And, of course your adorable card is so "à propos" I'm dying to know, did Billy stay downstairs after all?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jane! Your photos of Billy are fantastic! He is so cute and surely enjoyes that place to watch around and inside! I'm happy to hear you have spend lots of time with sweet Daisy! Happy Birthday to your Dear and have a wonderful Celebration Day! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rather belatedly Jane wanted to pop in and say what a really pretty card and such pretty soft colours.

    Thanks so much for joining in with our Love is in the Air theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday to your husband, Jane. I hope you both have a wonderful day. Billy is such a well behaved cat isn't he? I loved this post, it reminded me of one of our favourite children's books Mog and the Baby! I am sure that your little Daisy will be a cat lover too!
    Wishing you a happy week ahead.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a perfect image, I am sure it won't be long before Daisy is holding Billy like this. Gorgeous card, such pretty embellishments!
    Hope hubby enjoyed his birthday!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is beautiful, I love the edge die/punch, and all the other dies you have used. The stamp and image are lovely. Great colors. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG,,,Jane,,,,waht a stunning picts of yout kitten,,, is is enormousssss,,,,,and your cad is so cute, so cute, so cute, love the funny image and the great butterly,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you all had a lovely birthday celebration together and I love the photos of Billy sitting on the velux - so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute card and very lovely photos;-)
    Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenge!
    Hugs
    Nicoletta

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous creation! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x