Tuesday 28 January 2014

Creating vintage memories

Last Thursday I was up with the lark and caught the train to Flitwick in Bedfordshire to join my blogging buddy and uber talented crafter Brenda of Bumblebees and Butterflies . She was running a workshop for Country View Crafts and we were going to make our own vintage tag photo journal  using Tim Holtz techniques and products. I decided to personalise my little album so I took along some family photos which I printed out in sepia at home beforehand.

Oh what a fab day I had...I do love getting inky fingers. There was a lovely group of fellow crafters and we all got stuck in, first of all making the backgrounds for our photos.

 Brenda showed us the one she had made to give us some ideas.
 and also showed us the techniques we would be using.

We each then chose 3 colours of Distress Inks (DI) I chose Evergreen Bough, Tattered Rose and Weathered Wood. I then started lots of blending on my tags
followed by splatting and flicking with water
to create the backgrounds. I then distressed the edges and added some stamping so that my pages were ready to start adding my photos and other elements.






There were also secret flaps inside. We used treasury tags initially to put the album together as this also meant we could change the order of pages if necessary. We also used the DIs to colour the ribbons. The whole day flew past and before I knew it I was dashing back to the station to catch the 4.30pm train back to Farringdon. I finished my album over the weekend and thought I would share some pages with you.


Doesn't Billy look great in sepia?

this is the back cover

and here is the front cover complete with Tim Holtz's fab ruler binder.

There is also a great  tape closure.
I love my vintage memory album and it holds many cherished memories inside.

Thank you Brenda for such an inspiring day and thanks to Susan of Country View Crafts for hosting it so brilliantly. I am looking forward to the next one.

I would like to enter my album into the following challenges;

Fashionable Stamping tag along
Craft Room Challenge age of aquarius/water techniques
Pan Pastel UK anything goes
Ribbon Girl anything goes
Dream Valley No designer paper
A little big crafty celebrate
Artistic Inspiration anything goes
Crafting from the heart anything goes/fancy folds
The Squirrel and Fox use embellishments
Divas by Design anything goes
Make it Monday linky challenge #176
Party Time Tuesdays anything goes
Whimsy stamps something new my something new is everything in this album other than the distress ink..also it is a new technique for me as well.

Back soon with my promised photos of our day out in Greenwich last week,

Bye for now,

Jane x

35 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag book Jane.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful Jane, what a lovely way to keep memories! The little rulers are so clever!
    Crafting workshops are great fun but they do fly by, I think you just get into the 'zone' and forget about the outside world, next thing you know it's time to go home. :)
    Keep warm my friend,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Jane, I am so pleased to see it finished and WOW what a fabulous job you have done with it, I feel so proud of you - it's brilliant. Each page is a memento in itself with your wonderful photos and I am sure Daisy will love looking at it as she grows up. Thanks for coming and thanks for your lovely comments too. Must go back and take another look at all the details.
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm so impressed - this is a fantastic creation!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, you continue to impress me with your beyond fabulous designs! That little album is amazing and wonderful!! Bravo, you! Thanks for your good thoughts for Dayle.. we leave for the hospital in 1/2 hour. Jittery! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so precious Jane ... beeeautifully created, cherished memories!!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at Premium Crafts Brand and good luck.
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jane! Looks like you had a wonderfully crafty day and your tag book is just beautiful! I love the vintage style which fits so well with the sepia photographs - a real treasure! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane that memory photo book is brilliant. I had no idea there was so much to this art. I love the way you tied in all the details, stamps and photos. Certainly a treasured keepsake. Everyone in your family is going to want one now!!!
    Stay warm my friend, xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tag book, I love a bit of splatting and flicking myself !! Love the colours you chose, perfect for your photographs..Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-room...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again - thanks also for sharing your beautiful tag book with us at FSC..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is amazing Jane - what a fabulous keepsake and thanks for sharing all the workshop pictures too - I'm off to a Hels Sheridan workshop over the weekend and I will try to take some pictures for my blog post on Monday! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning project, your Tag Book looks fantastic, thank you for sharing it with us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely fabulous love all the backgrounds,images and details and beautiful photos-thank you for joining in the fancy folds part of our challenge-thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a fantastic tag book and a lovely way to store your treasured photos. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is simply stunning, Jane,

    What a wonderful way to store the precious memories! And oh yes, Billy looks fantastic in sepia :)

    Have a wonderful day, dear friend, many warm greetings from freezing Finland (-25c when we woke up!)!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Magnificent Vintage Mini Book Jane!
    Thank you so much for sharing all the pictures!
    You make me want to have ago at it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jane! That is really Special! How great you had possibility to join that workshop and have fun with friends! You did amazing job and your Vintage Mini Album is fantastic - perfect for those unique moments of your life! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Jane, Looks like a fun workshop AND what a treasure you made. I think you all look good in sepia.Love this combination of rulers, stamps, papers, etc.

    Happy creating and Happy almost February!!
    Anne D.T. xx
    PlumCreek Studio

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific project. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Make it Monday.

    Hugs,
    Rocio -DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jane,
    stunning album to keep memories.
    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely beautiful! Love the colors and such a great class idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jane,
    Your album is gorgeous--the colors and textures are beautiful! Your daughter must love having such a crafty mom!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Jane, a proper work of art! Just stunning.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us

    Lin
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi so u on MIM. WOW what a great project love the colors u used and the hole story in the jurnal. Great job
    LP Vilinke

    ReplyDelete
  25. A fab tag album with lots of water on the DI's. well done for completing it.

    It really is one to treasure.
    I have still to finish mine from last August :-(

    Thank you for joining in with us at Craft Room Challenge this fortnight.

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh so glad to see you working with Brenda! It would've been an awesome time. And I totally love the finished project ~ so many treasured pieces to look back on.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely beautiful! Love the colours and all the fab Tim Holtz stamps and embellishments, fab project! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. What lovely work! Thank you for joining us at ALBC, hope youll join our new challenge too! Elaine DT -xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love those vintage albums looks like a fab day X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jane, just a stunner of a project!!! beautiful just beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  31. A beautiful project Jane thanks for sharing it with us at crafting from the heart this fortnight.
    Hugs
    Fiona Dt/co-owner x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning, love everything about it!! Lovely embellis!! Thank you for play with us at Artistic Inspirations this time, hugs Kate DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow!!! That is spectacular! I love all the splattering and details. It's just beautiful! TFS! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful mini book all the detail is stunning, thank you for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox with our Embellishment challenge Hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. As many above have said, this really is wonderful and such a great keepsake as well. I am always amazed at the range of fab crafting supplies for this kind of thing and it's great to see them used and so get an idea of how they can look - lovely stuff! Bethx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x