Tuesday 1 October 2019

A bokeh October

Good morning, don't worry your eyes or computer are not out of fucus!  Welcome to October and our latest challenge over at Country View Challenges which is called Beautiful Bokeh. Bokeh as a camera definition is the attractive circular blur effect. I used a photo editor on a couple of my own photos to show this.


In crafting there are lots of ways of achieving a bokeh effect. I like to use my own hand cut stencil. For my first card today I used mustard seed, stormy sky and peacock feather distress re inker colours.
I first soaked the water colour paper with water and then dripped on the colours.
Lots of deep tones.
Once dry I used my hand made die cut circles stencil
and added white pigment ink through it to achieve the bokeh effect. Try to use different sizes of circles and overlap some too.
I also think it is such a shame to cover up some backgrounds so I took a photo before I did! 
I then stamped out my Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamps , coloured them with distress markers and cut them out. I added a little text stamping for a little extra detail. 
I then put my design together.
I added some bling to the stamens using Stickles.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Pixie's snippets playground #362
Sweet stampin 2/3 Distressed
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Happy little stampers 1/3 anything goes/botanical
We love to create 1/3 anything goes/mixed media

I really enjoy using the bokeh technique and I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 
You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing is absolutely FREE! All the details for the October challenge can be found here.

I will be back with some more bokeh inspiration for CVC on Saturday 19th October, this time with a Christmas bokeh card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I am back in an hour and a half with my 2nd post of the day....the 1st of the month is busy busy!! 

Bye for now,

Jane x

16 comments:

  1. I do love the names of the inks! :)
    Bokeh is a great effect and your card is wonderful!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card..I love all your choice of colors. The flowers are beautiful on your bokeh background. What white ink pad do you use please? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, I used the Hero Arts unicorn pigment pad xx

      Delete
  3. wow - love your technique Jane. The card is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the flowers, Jane. Including the stickles... and the Bokeh background is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beauty Jane. I love how you can still see the background behind the pigment ink circles, and your flowers are stunning. Have a very happy week, Sue

    ReplyDelete

  6. Stunning!!! I love your photos!!! These are perfect to show the bokeh and also your tutorial is very useful for the crafters!!! Happy October!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bokeh photos, and I'm so happy you didn't cover up too much of that magical bubbles-of-light background. The flowers look fabulous too, mind you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Jane - and such fun to see step by step the bokeh effect happening! Ages since I tried that one, and we all need a little prompt now and then.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful make Jane and I love your tutorial - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is beautiful, Jane! I like the different color tones because of the transparancy of the white ink.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous make, thank you for sharing your project with the Designteam from We Love To Create, Hugs Terry xxx (DT)
    https://welove2create.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastically designed card. Your bokeh is impressive
    Thank you for joining our challenge in HLS Watercolor.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card, Jane! I love your bokeh background and I agree it's good to leave some parts without the white. Your flowers look so much fun, especially the gold Stickles! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Watercolour this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x