Sunday 1 December 2019

And December came

Oh wow here we are, 1st December and time to open the first window of my vintage advent calendar and start the real count down to Christmas.
I have chosen this one from my stash for this year.
How nostalgic I find these images..I am transported right back to my 1960's childhood Christmases.
This is my absolute favourite time of the year and I love everything about it. Everywhere looks so festive.

It is also time for my first  December design time post for Country View challenges. Our theme this month is a lovely one...stars. So obviously we would like to see all your crafting projects featuring stars. All the details can be found here.

I use lots of stars in my card making and next to hearts and sequins they are my most used embellishment to add to the cards I sell at Dotty's Teahouse.

I decided to make a starry card using the wonderful Night owl by Visible Image.



 I gave a sneak peek of this over on the post I wrote in November  for CVC showcasing the autumn release here
He makes such a big impact on cards.
To make my starry background I used alcohol inks. 
I then my Tim Holtz  Tim swirling stars die to cut out some stars
I then mounted this onto a sheet of gold card so that the stars could twinkle through.
I also used his hocus pocus stars stencil to add some white ink which you can see top right of the photo below.
I also used a Visible Image sentiment from their So much stronger set which I stamped onto the same gold card I used under the stars. I also die cut some extra stars in gold and glitter card. 

I stamped and watercoloured the owl using Zig pens and put together my card.
A couple of close ups;

and one last shot
 I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 
You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing is absolutely FREE! Once again all the details for the December challenge can be found here.

I will be back with some more stars inspiration for CVC on 11th December with a festive starry Christmas card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I am back in an hour and a half with my 2nd post of the day....the 1st of the month is busy busy!! 

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. Fab card, Jane, I Love how the stars are in different planes with negative, positive and stencilled, very clever... Enjoy your Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it ! Great card and that owl stamp is amazing !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely Jane, and great use of the stars die. Have a very happy December, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous advent calendar Jane, such a lovely image .... and of course another beautiful card too!!
    Happy December my friend,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, Jane!!! The background with the alcohol inks and those swirling stars is just beautiful!!! The owl is great too!!! Happy December!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Very impactful and eye catching card! He does command respect! Love all the stars, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I love the depth and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love your background with all the different stars and the owl is amazing.
    Have a wonderful December!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x