Friday 11 September 2020

September moments

Good morning, it's time for my 2nd design team project for our "Contrasting (or complementary) colours" challenge over at Country View Crafts. All the details can be found here. For my first project I made a card using the purple-yellow contrasting colour pair. If you missed that post you can find it here. My card was a very in your face one and this time I went with the contrasting colour pair of blue-orange. This time however I made a much more gentle blend of the colours as it suited the mood of the stamps I used. The inks I used are distress oxides, salty ocean and wild honey 
I blended them in this way.
Then I placed the Visible Image Lava on top and using a piece of damp kitchen roll took some of the colour out. 
 I used stamps by Visible Images, Live in the moment and Ripples. 
I stamped the dragonflies in black versafine , clear embossed them and added a little glitter to their wings (which you can see in the final photo). 
Here is my finished card
with a close up showing the little hint of glitter in the wings.
I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our September "contrasting colours" challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 
You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing from CVC is free on all orders over £7.50! Once again all the details for the September  challenge can be found here.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

5 comments:

  1. The 2 colours work amazingly well together
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for not visiting much...my bad:) I am always amazed how you show the start and I wonder how it will come together only for it to become a truly great art piece. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the wings on the dragonflies! Great colours too!
    happy weekend lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That big Dragonfly is so detailed... Beautiful colours and a gorgeous card, Jane! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Jane, I love the green halo where the colours meet and what a great choice of stamps. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x