Tuesday 8 September 2020

Tuscany memories

Hi blogging friends. Today I would like to share the memory album I made following our wonderful holiday to Italy in August. We were so lucky to get away and it was a perfect holiday, miles from anywhere and just enjoying good food, sunshine and good company. Sadly our trip annual to Rhodes would have been tomorrow, but that has been cancelled, so I am even more grateful that we got away to Italy. 
We stayed on a wine estate in Tuscany so social distancing was no problem at all. We were miles from anywhere. 
I spent a pleasant hour crafting each day with my obviously limited holiday supplies in the shade with Daisy. We also sat by the pool or in the gorgeous gardens catching up with our family. We had one day out, to the zoo, which was wonderful as it was so quiet. Here are a few photos to share or the villa, pool and gardens.








I wrote an index card each day, took an Instax photo and made a little ATC sized project using inspiration from what I saw each day. I have shared these ATCs on Instagram and if you would like to see them in my feed  you can do so here
When I got home I made a background for each ATC and put everything together. 
I also had Daisy to stay recently and we made some fun shaving foam backgrounds so I used those for my front and back covers. 


Daisy also had made ATCs with me so we put her album together when she stayed. Mine has taken a lot longer to finish as I had some design team commitments in between.

I took a few photos before I bound the album together as they were easier to photograph that way. I used all Tim Holtz products for my album as it was also a reminder of the most amazing crafting summer I had watching his awesome Facebook Lives. I also used the same toadstool on the cover that was on the tag he sent me when I won my demo prize. If you missed that post you can see it here

Here are ATCs mounted on their pages.
I documented the flight and the pool..
...finding dragonflies in the garden and all the busy bees.

 The gardens were so beautiful so my Lady Rose set was most appropriate
and we saw some spectacular bugs too!
and here is the album all finished. I made a ribbon tie.
 There is an index card (obviously not shown) on the reverse of the page each day where I wrote my memories. The little Instax photos are such fun to add.


And one final shot of the cover. It was a wonderful adventure, so many memories all now documented forever. These albums are always such a labour of love to make but so good to look back at. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the last few weeks of the summer. Thanks for the kind comments you take the time to leave me, I really do appreciate them.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jane and such a lovely way to document a wonderful holiday. It looks like a stunning place and I see why you were so inspired to make this little album. It’s perfect. Thank you for sharing - Carol H x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Looks fabulous. What a gorgeous place you stayed
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to remember your holiday Jane and so beautifully done too!! Such a wonderful place as well.
    Sorry about Rhodes, this year has not been a great for holidays that's for sure you were fortunate to have time away.
    enjoy your week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute Daisy is and Jack got a buzz cut! I imagine you adored spending so much time with them. What a gorgeous place you stayed. I love the journal you put together. Such a treasure. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x