Wednesday 21 April 2021

Celebrating Jack's 4th birthday virtually

Yes it's been a long time since I shared a non design team blog post but today is a special day! My sweet grandson Jack is 4 today and this is sadly the 2nd time that I have not been able to make him a cake and celebrate his birthday with him in person. My little fella is no longer a toddler but a real little boy and I loved seeing him recently even though we could only meet up outside. Here he is with Daisy (who incredibly will be 8 this year) last weekend.
We had such a great meet up outside.




He has grown so much...
Daisy was able to come to stay for a few days last week as we were providing child care for the Easter holidays. Her Mummy asked if I could make a topper for Jack's cake and I decided that Daisy and I could do this and more when she stayed.
We had fun designing a scene with Jack's model dinosaurs and I make a plaque to sit his favourite one on. 

He sorted out some of his other "besties" we could use!

We had fun making some ponds and rocks out of fondant icing to display them around the cake.

And made boulder candle holders.

So it's a "partial" Nanna cake this year. Hopefully next year we will all be able to celebrate with a proper party!

I also made him a dinosaur birthday card, of course,  using the fab dinosaur stamps from Stampers Grove. Some are out of stock now but there a few left if you are quick! The stenciled background is The forest by Visible Image as it the cool birthday sentiment in their lost for words sentiment set.

a close up
and one last shot

I would like to enter my card into these challenges;

Simon says stamp Monday Cheerful colours
Through the craftroom door anything goes
Crafty sentiments anything goes
Lil patch of crafting friends anything goes

and I'm waving to my friends over at 
Pixie's snippets playground #401

Life is fine my end and I am loving the sunshine and my garden too...I can almost hear it growing at the moment!
I have lots of photos over on Instagram if you would like to have a look. Here is the link to my account; Jane Tyrrrell. I tend to post much more over there these days as blog posts take so long to write and I have a lot of designing commitments (which I really love!)  I think it is the way life is going. I resisted for a long time but I now see it is so much quicker to share. If you pop on over do say hello.

Thanks so much for stopping by, enjoy the sunshine and keep safe.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

5 comments:

  1. Faulous card Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant cake and card .... such a shame you couldn't be with Jack for his birthday but I'm quite sure he enjoyed all your dinosaurs and what an amazing little helper too! :)
    Once again happy birthday wishes to Jack.
    V x
    P.S. I knew we'd win you over to IG in the end! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to young Jack! And so nice to see Daisy too. Good job on the cake topper - hopefully you'll have a proper big part next year.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Jane and haven't the kiddies grown! Super card for Jack and I love the cake topper as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x