Wednesday 16 March 2022

My love of the Man in the moon...and some photos of the Ally Pally show

Hello, it's time for my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. 

Today I am sharing a make using one of  the 3 gorgeous new layering dies, 

Torn fishnet die 


and the Midnight sky set (yes I do love the man in the moon so much!) Now when I first said I was using this set with the net die to make a canvas I think Helen wondered how on earth I would combine them....well I had a plan! 

I was inspired by a nursery rhyme/fairy tale book that I remember from my childhood which had something about catching the moon in a net, so that is where I went with my make and my very vivid imagination!

I die cut 2 of the "nets" using white glossy card

I added a little villainous potion distress ink


I made a distress ink background using these awesome distress ink colours

Using pieces of inky mop up card from my stash I stamped and cut out the moon,
 multiples stars which I gold embossed, and some planets
and one of the sentiments, which I cut up and matted onto gold and blue card.
I stamped and gold embossed the star swoosh stamp in the set on random areas of the background. I also stamped and gold embossed a few large stars. 
I stamped, gold embossed and cut out some large stars from inky mop up card.
Then I started putting my design together. 
I machine stitched around the edges.
Here is my finished canvas. 
with some close ups,



and one final shot.
I really did love making this and it will be given to my lovely Mum soon. She has always love everything about the Moon and it was she who instilled in me my love of the Man in the Moon! 

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you will be most welcome.  You will also be able to join in with the monthly Artist Trading Card (ATC) swap which has been such fun. We are now in the 10th month of swapping and have had over 80 people, worldwide, taking part. The sign up for the next swap will open on 23rd March if you would like to join us.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here.

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

Before I go I just wanted to share a photo of my weekend at Ally Pally demoing Visible Image for Country View Crafts, one of Visible Image's lovely UK stockists. On the Saturday it was so busy we didn't get a change to take any photos so this one was quickly taken first thing on Sunday before the show opened.

 I met so many lovely people including some from the VI Facebook group, it was great to put faces to names. Thank you to everyone who messaged me before and after the shows, your support is so appreciated. I think I "enabled" a lot of people to treat themselves to some new VI products ๐Ÿ˜‰ Everyone said how much they loved attending a Live craft show after over 2 years of the pandemic. Country View Crafts have already booked a stand at the Stamperama show in Bedford at the Bedford International Athletic stadium on 25th September and yes I will be there to demo ๐Ÿ˜€So put the date in your diary and of course I will share the details nearer the time. 

Bye for now,

Jane x

3 comments:

  1. Stunning man in the moon card Jane, and lovely pic from Ally Pally with more fab cards in the foreground ... I particulalry like that floral stamp and may need to investigate that (I currently own one VI stamp (dragonfly) but i think that will soon change!!)
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pauline. The floral stamp you can see in my photo is from the Total Chaos stamp set...enjoy adding to your stash ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘‹

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card, the net is a great effect ... your Mum will love it!
    So glad you had a fab time time at Ally Pally. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x