Tuesday 1 March 2022

Mother's day for March over at Country View challenges

 Happy March friends, spring really is just around the corner now and so is Mother's Day. We will have spring bulbs like these from last year in my garden to look forward to.

Here in the UK it is on Sunday 27th . Mother's day is also the theme for our new challenge over at Country View. So we would like to see projects which you would send to your Mum or of course your Mother's day cards.  You can make anything you like using any products. You can enter a maximum of  5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges including ours. As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

I used the following products; I have added clickable links within this post to the CVC website. If anything is out of stock just add your name in the email notification and Susan will email you when she has them back in stock. 

Sketched tulips


and also the Mother sentiment (not in stock but if you would like it do email CVC)

This is what I got up to;

I used these distress inks to create my background which I then cut to size.

I stamped the Mother definition at the bottom and clear embossed it.
I added the background stamps from Sketched tulips
  using kitsch flamingo. It is worth buying this set just for the gorgeous script stamp!
I then stamped the tulip and added colour using watercolour pens. 
I die cut a piece of inky mop up card using the Broken mesh layering die
and cut it into pieces to add around the edges of the card.
The finishing touch was some sequins, before I matted my card and adhered it to a card blank. 

Here is my finished card

with a close up showing the background stamping
and one final shot;

 I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our March "Mother's day "challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 

 Once again all the details for the challenge are here.  Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website UK postage is FREE on orders over £20 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Take care and stay safe. I will be sharing my 2nd design team project soon,  on 5th March.

I would love to see you over on Instagram where I share new creative makes nearly every day. This is my link/profile @jane.tyrrell
Sadly these days I just don't have the time to blog everything! 

Before you go I have some very exciting news that I will be demoing for Country View Crafts at the "Crafterama at Ally Pally" show on Saturday12th and Sunday 13th March. It is wonderful that craft shows are starting up again and I do love Alexander Palace. It is such an iconic place to host a craft show. So if you happen to be near London or fancy a day out I will be demoing Visible Image stamps and stencils plus the whole Tim Holtz distress range, including the awesome new colour, saltwater taffy (and more!) 
 Come and say hi, it would be fab to see you there.
Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Loving those stamps and dies that's you used 😀. Have fun and Happy March! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect card for Mothers Day ... March is shaping up to be a fun time for you!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Mother´s Day card dear Jane! I like the colours and the tulip stamp - btw the real tulip from your garden is precious!
    Have a wonderful March <3
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Jane! Have a happy March ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Jane!!! I love the background and the text!!! Have a happy May!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jane.. I love those tulips

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Jane, I love that sentiment! Have a wonderful time at Ally Pally. Take care and have a very happy March, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative how you have built up the layers Jane, that sentiment is fantastic.
    Happy creative March Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous design, Jane and the sentiment is perfect! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x