Wednesday 6 July 2022

Christmas in July ATCs for Visible Image

 Hello again after the fun of my Billy cat taking over my blog on Saturday  I am back with my regular fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. If you missed his blog post you can see it here. For today's make I am sharing the artist trading cards (ATCs) I made recently, one was for our monthly swap over in the Visible Image Facebook group. If you haven't found the group yet do come on over. It's great fun and if you would like to join in with our ATC swap you would be most welcome. It's open to everyone, internationally. If you live in the UK you can also request to swap just within the UK if that is better for you. The theme for this month is "Christmas in July" so I decided to use the brand new gorgeous

Christmas Robin set 

with the awesome script stamp from the Distressed Christmas set. 


And of course added the details on the back using brilliant ATC/Mail art stamp set.

 Here are some of my previous backs. I use the reverse of a Weetabix carton for my kraft card.

I always make 4 ATCs; 1 to keep, 1 to swap, 1 for my granddaughter and 1 for a crafting partner I swap with abroad. 

Here ARE some of my previous ATC swaps which have made their way around the UK and abroad.

This is what I got up to;

I made a snowy background using white linen distress ink on black card (technically it is an oxide). I plan to demo this at the Stamperarma show in Bedford in September so if you would like to see it up close and personal do come along. I will give details nearer the time but the date for your diary is Sunday 25th September. 



I cut my card into 4 X 3 1/2  by 2 1/2 inch size pieces for the backgrounds. 

Using white embossing powder I added some text using the awesome Distressed Christmas stamp. 

I stamped all the elements from the Christmas Robin set onto white card


I stamped the holly and branch several times onto white card. The branch is easily repeat stamped to make a longer branch if you need to. I coloured some of the berries red.


After cutting everything out I added some festive frost using Glamour dust and Stickles glitter.


I stamped, coloured and cut out all 3 sizes of the robin.
 I then started to put together 4 different festive scenes.

I stamped a little more snow using the snow flurry stamp in the Christmas robin set  using picket fence ink again. 

I also added a little gold sparkle pen to the robins as a finishing touch.


Here they all are together


individually 







and one final shot.

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I organize a monthly artist trading card swap there.  We are celebrated a whole year of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Nearly 100 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details for each swap are  put up in the group on 23rd of the month. There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time! 

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here


Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

Back soon,

Bye for now. 

Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Cute robin .... and excellent use of a weetabix card!!!
    Enjoy the rest of your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x