Wednesday 20 July 2022

The sun always shines

Today it is time for my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. Gosh what a heatwave we have experienced in the UK. The temperature reached the dizzy heights of 38c here in south east England  but today it is forecast to cloud over a little and cool down, thank goodness. I do love the heat but only when I am holiday with air con and a pool or the sea to dip in! For today's make I have used one of my favourite summer Visible Image stamp sets;

Rise and shine

with the incredibly useful and versatile background stamp

 If you click on any of my links they will take you to the website.

This is what I got up to; I made a background on Daylor Rowney mixed media card using twisted citron, crushed olive and the new colour uncharted mariner, distress stain sprays and then cut it down to fit a 5X7" card blank.

Using fossilized amber distress glaze and embossing ink I heat embossed the Grunge flourish around the edges.
I love the translucency of these glazes.
I stamped the large sun from Rise and shine onto a scrap of inky mop up card and cut it out. This is such an easy stamp to fussy cut. I also stamped the sentiment onto white card, cut around it and then matted it onto black card. (You can see this in the final photos). I added some orange glitter and white pen details. 
Using wild honey distress archival ink I stamped the small sun and bubbles from the set
and blended a little extra uncharted mariner ink to the edges.
I put my design together and adhered it to the background. I added glossy accents to some of the circles as a finishing touch and then let everything dry.
Here is my finished card
with a couple of close ups;


and one final shot
All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you over there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I organize a monthly artist trading card swap there.  We celebrated a whole year of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Nearly 100 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details for each swap are put up in the group on 23rd of the month. There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time! 

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here


Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

A little heads up too that Visible Image are back on your sreens again in the coming days. They will be taking their new Christmas stamps plus lots of others onto Crafters TV tomorrow (Thursday 21st July). Shows are are 12 noon, 3pm and 7pm and onto HobbyMaker on Saturday (23rd July). Shows there are at 1pm and 3pm. 

There are going to be lots of fab samples, demos by Mark Alexander aka Mr. Visible Image and deals up for grabs so don't miss out!

 Keep an eye on social media for all the details or even easier, why not sign up for their newsletter on their website? 

Bye for now. 
Jane x

1 comment:

  1. I love your sunny card Jane ... and the real sun too, we had a couple of days of mid 20's but that's as much of a heatwave as we get here!! It has been extreme in the south of the UK though.
    Enjoy the rest of your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x