Tuesday 25 October 2022

My November Christmas card workshop at Dotty's teahouse

Hello blogging friends I know I rarely post something that is not a design team make these days, but today is an exception as I have some very exciting news; I am going to be hosting a Christmas card Creative Workshop at Dotty's Teahouse in Carshalton, where I sell my cards.

 It will be held upstairs at Dotty’s on Thursday 24th November from 7.30pm to 9.30pm. We are planning a fun festive event in a small group setting.

You will learn how to make distress ink backgrounds using a mixture of sprays and ink pads. You can choose to create with traditional Christmas colours or go more contemporary, the choice will be yours.

The stamp set we will be using for the images is the beautiful Christmas Robin set by Visible Image stamps. I will also demonstrate stamping techniques and heat embossing and will share lots of card making design tips and techniques.

These tips and techniques will enable you to make your own unique handmade Christmas robin card. If there is time you can make a second (or take it home to finish). Everyone will also receive a little Christmas bag with some festive die cuts, papers etc to take home too.

Here is a little taster.

The workshop is suitable for beginners or those with crafting/card making experience. It is for ages 16 years and over.

All equipment will be provided plus a card making take home bag.

The cost, which will include a mince pie and hot drink, is £25

And just in case you are new to my blog;

+++A little bit about me+++
I have 30+ years of crafting and card making experience. For the last 6 1/2 years I have been on the design team for 2 UK companies (Visible Image and Country View crafts) and 1 in the USA. I demonstrate distress inks, stamping and paper crafts at craft shows, including the annual Alexander Palace Craft show in London. My work has been shown on TV and is regularly published in craft magazines. I am proud to have been Dotty’s in- house card maker and sold my cards there since the day she opened. Check me out on Instagram; @jane.tyrrell




If you would like to attend the workshop please book via the Dotty’s Teahouse website here. Or you can phone to book on 0203 754 4613. You will find Dotty's at 108 High street, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 3AE. Carshalton railway station is a short walk away. Buses from Croydon, Sutton and Morden tube station all stop in the High Street.

Places are limited so please book asap if you would like to come.

Please feel free to share this info with to anyone who is near the Sutton, Surrey area and might be interested. 

I am so looking forward to the evening. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me by email via the link in my side bar. 

(PS and if you don't like mince pies I am sure that Dotty's will find you something else!) Ho Ho Ho!

Thanks so much, 

Bye for now,

Jane x




1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful, fun evening Jane ... wish I could pop in!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x