Saturday 1 October 2022

Halloween and harvest for Country View Crafts

Hello and welcome to October..the season where things go bump in the night and Halloween beckons. Until I had grandkids I had no interest in Halloween at all but 9 years ago the arrival of my first grandchild, Daisy Jane changed all that. From someone who dreaded the Trick or Treaters I am now that person all dressed up with my porch decorated ready to join in the fun and hand out sweets to my visitors.   

It's also time for our new challenge over at Country View Challenges and the theme for the month is Halloween or Harvest so if you are not into Halloween you can still join us. 

You can enter a maximum of 5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges, including ours. As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies  here.

  Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website UK postage is FREE on orders over £20.00 I have added some live links within my post to take you to some of the products I used.

Here is my first design team make, 1 of several Halloween tags I love to make and give to my big and small kids attached to a little Halloween treat.

This is what I got up to;

I die cut and made up several of Tim Holtz' fun pumpkins (I will use the rest on my other tags). This is an old retired set from my stash. 

I die cut some leaves in black card and added Foundry wax to bling them up. This stuff is seriously awesome!
The photos do not show how shiny it is when heat set.
I used last year's Halloween mica distress crayons to add some shine to an embossed tag also cut in black card. Susan has this years colours here.
I applied them directly to the raised areas and used my finger and a little water to move them around.
I stamped and die cut a few more elements and then put everything together;

Here is my finished make;
with a couple of close ups;

and 1 final shot;


I will be back on the 15th October with my 2nd make. 

I would love to see you over on Instagram where I share new creative makes nearly every day. This is my link/profile @jane.tyrrell
Sadly these days I just don't have the time to blog everything! 

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with the challenge this month. Once again here you can find all the details for our October challenge here.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful tag! Loving the embossed folder background and how you coloured it 😊. It makes the perfect backdrop for your die cut pumpkin and autumnal leaves. Happy October! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag Jane ... I do love a bit of Halloween myself!
    Enjoy your weekend lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Jane! Have a happy October. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag, Jane!!! I love the embossed background and the laundry wax looks great on the leaves. Have a happy October!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Jane. So much detail and texture to look at

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing Jane, I really need to get some Foundry Wax! Take care and have a very happy October, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x