Wednesday 23 November 2022

Totally toadstools

 Hi everyone, it's time for my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. Today I am sharing a make using the new coordinating dies. If this is news to you, 8 fabulous new coordinating die sets were recently released to cut out their popular drinks, autumn creatures and T shirt sets. Plus a little heads up that they are in the amazing BLACK FRIDAY SALE which is currently running over on the website until 27th November. Check out all the amazing bargains here; some are 70% off!!! 

For today's make I am showcasing the awesome Totally toadstools stamp set  available here 

with their co ordinating dies available here.

This is what I got up to; I sprayed ice spruce, rustic wilderness and shabby shutters distress stain sprays onto white card to create some "leaf" colour backgrounds for stamping and die cutting. I added water to get the inks to move and blend and then left them to dry.

Using the large foliage stamp from the set I stamped multiple times using green Versafine inks across the inked sheets.
I also used these 2 colours to spray the background for the canvas. 
Next I randomly stamped the other foliage stamps from the set around the edges and the sentiment as shown below.
I die cut the foliage  using the coordinating die and inked their edges with vintage photo distress ink. 
I stamped some more foliage as shown below. I then adhered the die cut foliage  around the edges of the background to make a frame. 
Next I stamped lots of the toadstools from the set and coloured them using my distress pencils. 

I die cut them out.
Then I put my central design together using 3D gel glue to raise some of them up a little. 
I matted the panel onto red, then white card and finally onto a black square of card.
Here is my finished make
with a few close ups


and one final shot;

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you join us.  You will be warmly welcomed and see lots of inspiration from the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I also organize a monthly artist trading card swap in the group.  We celebrated a whole year of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 110 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details and sign up for each swap are posted in the group on the 23rd of the month. So the December sign up opens to day if you would like to join us. The theme is "Traditional Christmas colours"  It will close on Sunday 27th. There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

Don't forget to check out their AMAZING Black Friday sale which runs until Sunday here.
Back soon,
Bye for now,

Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Your totally toadstools are totally fabulous ... and its true nature does heal the soul!
    Happy Wednesday lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous creation, Jane. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x