Wednesday 1 March 2023

Daffodils for St David's day and Mother's day

 Hello all and welcome to my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. Their new February release has really taken the crafting world by storm and shhhh there is more to come later in March 😀

Mother's day in the UK is on 19th March and as today is St David's day I thought it would work perfectly to share a step by step of my Mother's day sample I made using the gorgeous Golden daffodils set 

with an aperture made using the Broken mesh layering die. 

Right from the first day I designed some samples using the gorgeous layering dies I discovered that the apertures left when die cutting the shape are as useful as the die cuts themselves. I have shared lots of makes over the last year using all 3 of them. 

This is what I got up to;

 I used the Broken mesh die to cut an aperture in a piece of 4 3/4 by 6 3/4" turquoise card.

I stamped the sentiment at the bottom in black and clear heat embossed.

I found a piece of left over Brushos card from my stash

and stamped the daffodils .
I lined this up behind the aperture and cut to size.

I repeat stamped just the daffodil heads and the single daffodil in the set onto some yellow inky mop up card and cut them out, adding some gold pen detailing and glossy accents. You can see this in the final photos. 

I stuck the heads over the stamped ones and added 3 single daffodils, 1 at the top and 2 at the bottom of the card. I added some gold sequins as a finishing touch.

I then adhered the finished panel to a 5X7" white card blank. 
Here is my finished card
with a couple of close ups

and 1 final shot;

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you join us.  You will be warmly welcomed and see lots of inspiration from the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I also organize a monthly artist trading card swap in the group.  We celebrated a whole year of swapping in May 2022. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 115 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details and sign up for each swap are posted in the group on the 23rd of the month if you would like to join us.  There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

Finally a little heads up before I go that in 11days time I am delighted be demoing all things Visible Image again for Country View Crafts, one of Visible Image's UK stockists. We will be at the Crafterama "Crafting at Ally Pally show" at Alexandra Palace in London. If you came last March it would be so lovely to see you again. If not why not put the date in your diary? The show is running the weekend of Saturday and Sunday 11th and 12th March. We had such fun last year.  I will have all the new release with me plus more. Susan will have a fab stock of Visible Image stamps, stencils and the layering dies on the stand.  

Here is a photo from last year's show;
I have made badges again from artist trading coins...this time using the Golden daffodils set with That lovin' feline...look out for me wearing this one!
I will be offering a little crafting giveaway again. Someone will win one of my artist trading coins in a randomly selected draw, so do stop by and say hello.

Bye for now

Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Aren't daffodils just the most joyous little flowers ... another great card and I love your little badge too!
    It's Spring my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x