Wednesday 1 March 2023

Male birthday card for the March Country View Challenge

Good morning and welcome to March. This is the first of 2 posts for me today. This first post is my design team make for our new challenge over at Country View Challenges.  The theme for this month is to make a masculine birthday card. You can enter a maximum of 5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges, including ours. As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

  Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website UK postage is FREE on orders over £20.00 I have added some live links within my post to take you to some of the products I used.

I decided to make a male birthday card inspired by the card I made for my son's birthday last week. This was the card;


I used the brilliant new Visible Image cat set called "That lovin feline" which is on the CVC website here. 

with the "Blow out the candles set" available here. 

So using my son's card for inspiration this is what I got up to;
I sprayed candied apple and fossilized amber onto a piece of watercolour card allowing it to drip down and then dried it off.  I turned the card upside down. 
I stamped the large cake from  "Blow out the candles set" available here in brown and then just the icing in red. I cut both out and added gold pen to the plate.
I added red gel pen to make the jam and stuck everything together. 
I stamped some cats from  "That lovin feline" here and coloured them with my distress pencils. Susan has all 3 sets in stock. I used colours from set 1 and 3. 
I positioned the cake and then stamped 3 cast above.
I also stamped the birthday sentiment from Blow out the candles and one of the fun sentiments in the 
"That lovin feline"set. I changed my mind and didn't matt onto black as you will see in my final photos.
Then I put everything together and matted the card onto red before adding it to a card blank. 
Here is my finished card;
with a close up of the brilliant cats
and one final shot. 

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with the challenge this month? Once again here you can find all the details for our March challenge here. 

 I'll be back with my 2nd male birthday card on 21st March. 

I would also like to give you a heads up that in 10 days time I am delighted be demoing again for Country View crafts at the Crafterama "Crafting at Ally Pally show" at Alexandra Palace in London. If you came last March it would be so lovely to see you again. If not why not put the date in your diary? The show is running the weekend of Saturday and Sunday 11th and 12th March. I will demoing all things Visible Image including these fun new cats and all the new release plus distress inks, sprays and pencils.  We had such fun last year. I will again be offering a little crafting giveaway in a randomly selected draw for anyone who stops by our stand. I will be sharing more details and some of my sample makes nearer the time so please check out my Instagram account;  @jane.tyrrell where I will be posting my updates.
Here is a photo from last year's show;
I will also be back in half an hour with my 2nd blog post today as it is also time for my Visible Image DT make too. Busy, busy, busy 😂

Bye for now,

Jane x

7 comments:

  1. It's a purrfect card Jane ... love those kitties! :)
    Happpy March my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jane, I love these new cat stamps. Take care and have a very happy March, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card card, great images and striking colours. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Jane. I must ink the cat set up! Perfect (or should I say Puurrrfect) male card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cat cards, Jane! They are so fun and really purrfect for a male card.
    Have a wonderful March!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the "drippage", great card Jane! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card ! Have a happy March, what's left of it anyway! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x