Saturday 4 August 2018

Continuing to sizzle

Records here in the south of England are being broken as our heatwave continues......we had 33c in the shade on Thursday and Friday...goodness knows what it was in the sun...it really feels like I have moved to Rhodes! My garden is looking a bit frazzled but I still have some colour in my pots and my tomatoes have ripened beautifully.
 Billy has been flaking out in any shade he can find.





 I enjoyed my first crop of tomatoes when Daisy stayed last week, there is nothing quite like the flavour of home growns. 
I am sharing a tag today, as we are meeting up for a family lunch at my son's. The fun egg stamp is Rubber Dance and provided a perfect seat for my Tim Holtz, very dapper paper doll to sit on in shade of the tree. The die cuts are a mix of Tim's and Cheery Lynn and the sentiments a mix of Tim's rub ons and small stickers. The stencils are Tim's and Visible Image. 
I thought my hearts, made from corrugated card and inked and flicked with gold paint looked a little like sun dried tomatoes! My son has become the most avid gardener...much to my amazement but total delight and spends many hours tending his gorgeous sunny garden.

Family Times together, now that our children are grown, are few and far between but they are a true delight when then happen and I like to record them.
 We all have our sunhats and deckchairs packed and will enjoy some precious family time together today. 

I would like to enter my tag into these challenges;

Rubber Dance colour theme or nature Their stamped eggs are perfect to sit my dapper chap on! 
Emerald Creek Dares 1/3 the great outdoors
PaperArtsy mint, sage, claret and gold (there is gold spray on my hearts, hard to see in the photos but they are there!)
Creative Artiste 1/3 anything mixed media
Simon says stamp Wednesday make your own background
Creative fingers 3/3 anything goes

Enjoy your weekend too, keep cool if you are in this part of the country.

I will be back on Monday with my next Visible Image Wonderland sample.

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your posts! My cat has taken to sleeping by his water bowl! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun tag!!
    Yes we're enjoying our homegrown tomatoes now too, they have the best taste.
    Hope you had a lovely family day! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve heard it’s be a wee bit hot in that part of the world, that is an average day here in QLD but with 90% humidity yuk. Upside you’re tomatoes look yummy. Great tag love the little details you’ve squeezed in on such a small space. Thanks for joining us over at https://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tag Jane! It's a great design!
    We are in Kent, and not enjoying the high temps at all. Still waiting for our tomatoes to ripen.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm! I'm starting to get tomatoes too while thankfully not quite as hot outside as you're suffering. This is a very dapper tag. I hope you have a special day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Jane, Billy looks very happy in his shady area. I love your tag with you 'tomatoes' I hope you have a lovely day with your family, and thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Rubber Dance. Have a fun week, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos Jane!
    Your masculine tag is fabulous! Your inky background and textures are lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x