Thursday 1 October 2020

Halloween is in the air over at Country View challenges

Good morning, happy October. The time when all things ghostly and ghoulish and pumpkins come out to play.  Of course it is also time for a new challenge over at Country View. This month the theme is of course...Halloween and we would like you to "make a scene!" You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

I spotted these beauties growing at Wisley RHS gardens on our recent visit.



I only got into Halloween through my grandkids and I now embrace it big time. I made tags and card and decorate my porch. For my first design team make today I decided to have a play with a new and old Tim Holtz die and his Halloween ephemera 

This is what I got up to;


 Using collage medium I stuck down my elements, including one with a pumpkin of course.

I then used a variety of distress crayons to add some shadows and colour.

I die cut Tim's new web and spider and cut the web up.

I stamped some very subtle text using distress archival. 
I then added my die cut web and spiders and a few Halloween remnant rubs.

Here is my card

with a few close ups


and one last shot.

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our October, "Halloween make a scene" challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 

You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing from CVC is free on all orders over £7.50! Once again all the details for the October challenge can be found here.

I will be back on October 5th to share something very different, a little piece of Halloween decor. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Back soon

Bye for now

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. I have only got.inti.halloween recently too.
    Love the spooky design. The tree looks fabulous
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic background from ephemera pieces, Jane!!! And I just love this old and retired branch tree!!! Have a happy October!!! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have 3 cards in one with those backgrounds and love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe love your spooky tree card ... and those pumpkins at Wisley are fabulous, I do love a pumpkin!! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very spooky... I can see you are inspired by that new Distress colour! Have a great weekend Jane. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Jane and beautifully put together. Take care and have a very happy month, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your collaged card!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x