Wednesday 1 August 2018

Seaside memories

Hello welcome to August, our hot summer continues and it is time for our next challenge over at Country View. The theme for this month is very apt and is called "Sun, Sea and sand" . We would like to see anything summer or holiday related.   As always you can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with any other challenges. Your make can be anything creative! You may even be the lucky random winner of the £20 CVC voucher.

All the details can be found here.

I decided that I would make a holiday journal to remember the recent family holiday we enjoyed with our daughter and her family in Majorca. The beach there was delightful and I had such fun making sand castles with Daisy, something I have not done since my own children were tiny. I have already shared a page I made for my journal here

Today I am sharing the covers of my finished holiday photo journal. These photos are some of which are contained within.
The colours at the beach in Puerto Pollesa were so mesmerizing.


Jack (my grandson) had fun sitting in the sea and playing with (and eating) the sand.

Daisy and I both made holiday journals, you will be able to see the page I made to include in her one in my 2nd CVC inspiration post on 15th August.

The colours just took my breath away, the sand was more cream than yellow and this carried into the shallow sea as you can see in the photos above.
I decided to  use the background of this photo as my inspiration for the cover
and to try to recreate the colours using paints and inks.
I stamped these Visible Image words from their Express yourself set onto watercolour card and added some cream Paperartsy fresco paint for the clouds.
Next I added some texture for the sand using Decoart texture sand paste

I then dabbed on some blue fresco paint.
I masked off the sand with a torn sheet of paper and started blending some sea coloured distress inks

Out came my Visible Image fibres stencil and I added some more salty ocean distress ink through it
 this added  little more depth to my cover and brought everything together. A spritz of water and a dry finished it off.
For the back cover I made a distress background and stamped the sentiment from the Capture the moment Visible Image set.
I also added some stamps from their dare to swim set
I made an edge using Tim's amazing Mini provincial 3D folder and highlighted with some gilding wax
and here are my finished covers. 
Front
and back.
Here is a page from inside
I used cord to bind my journal and a spotty blue ribbon to tie it shut with.
It contains lots of holiday photos and memories. 

I would like to enter my journal into the following challenges;

A vintage journey get sentimental
Simon says stamp Mondays wild things
Crafty sentiments 1/3 anything goes
Love to create anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Creative fingers 2/3 anything goes
Little Miss Muffet 2/3 anything goes
Crafty catz 2/3 anything goes

Thanks for stopping by and I hope I might have inspired you to make something for our August sun, sea and sand challenge. All the details can be found here.

Have a fabulous August, we seem to be continuing with our heatwave here in the UK and 2018 looks set to be a record breaking summer.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

*********PS Today I am also over on the Country View Crafts shop blog promoting the brand new Visible Image Wonderland release which is on sale today!  If you would like to see what I got up to with the new dark hearts stencil do check out the post here too.**********
Here's a sneak peek
Jx

15 comments:

  1. I love your little album, Jane! The covers are fabulous.
    The photos of Mallorca, the little man and you are wonderful.
    Have a nice day!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful album and what beautiful memories, your grandson is so cute.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.
    Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous album, your grandson is so cute, thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post Jane and your album is fantastic! I wonder...do you ever stop creating in order to sleep and eat? I find it hard to make a card even! Enjoy your week and the rest of summer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe what a beautiful way to record your holiday!!
    I love those blue skies...we could do with some of those today as it has now started to rain!! :(
    Happy August my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little album to preserve all those lovely memories !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made a wonderful album for your photos and souvenirs!!! I love each page!!! All unique and beautiful!!! Jack is so cute!!! Happy August and big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant album Jane, and I love that you are actually going to use it (I've made some and they've never seen a photograph) Mallorca looks wonderful, and Jack is such a cutie. Have a very happy August, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovecyour cover and how you created it Jane. Just perfect. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab idea jane beautifully executed! Gorgeous. Love your pics too. Happy holidays xxx hugs rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous album - great memories to remember too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your journal cover is absolutely gorgeous, Jane - capturing that summer delight perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've done a brilliant job of re-creating your beach photo, the wave looks fabulous and both covers are beautiful, Jane! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Jane! So glad you enjoyed your time in Mallorca. Pollensa is beautiful indeed.
    Your grandson is adorable!!
    I'm in love with your album covers, they are both just stunning.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful journal cover and I love how you've used the die to create those borders down the side, it looks lovely! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x