Monday 25 November 2019

A hoot for Christmas

In exactly 1 month today it will be Christmas day! I spotted this awesome hamper of Christmas china on my travels. Mmmm Christmas dinner......
2 weeks have flown by and it is time for my fortnightly design team post for Visible Image.
 I know I am not supposed to have a favourite from the new release but I really do love the 

Today I wanted to show how awesome he looks on a Christmas card. I also teamed him up with some Christmas leaves using Erika's Maple
  and a sentiment from Go to Christmas words (sold out for this year on the Visible Image website but still available from lots of stockists). 
This is what I got up to;
I sprayed some pewter distress ink and and pumice stone distress oxide sprays onto black card and die cut some trees using white glitter card.
 I stamped the owl, coloured him in using Zig watercolour pens and cut him out. I added Glossy accents to his eyes and beak (which you can see in the final photos). I stamped and embossed some of the medium size leaves from Erika's maple onto inky mop up card from my stash and cut them out.
 I die cut silver and white stars and stamped Merry Christmas and cut it out. 
I then added these elements to the background. 
To finish off my card I added my owl, using sticky foam pads under the tips of his wings to give him some extra dimension.
Here he is. 
with some close ups


and one last shot
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge anything goes
Penny Black and more 3/3 Christmas
Addicted to stamps 2/3 anything goes
Try it on Tuesday 2/3 Cold, cold, cold
Unicorn challenge 2/3 Christmas/winter
Christmas at sweet stampin 1/3 trees
Simon says stamp Wednesday Starry starry night
Dragonfly dreams Christmas/winter
The Funkie Junkie boutique blog Lovely leaves
Addicted to stamps and more 1/3 Holiday

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.

REMEMBER their Black Friday sale is ON NOW with up to 70% off stamps and stencils. Just click the link here

This really is a wonderful new release (there are even savings on this release in the sale) and I know a lot of people are also hoping they have been on Santa's nice list this year 😉

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. A very different take on Christmas, but didn't it turn out well? You've managed to make the owl look very spooky. I like the glitter trees.
    Thank you for joining Try it on Tuesday's latest challenge.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've done something so non-traditionally Christmas Jane! You really have set the scene perfectly for that handsome owl with the ghostly trees and falling leaves in amongst the starry night sky. It's beautiful! Thank you for joining us for The Funkie Junkie Boutique 'Lovely Leaves' challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The owl is lovely and I love how you've made him Christmassy!
    Enjoy your week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation and lovely for our current challenge of anything goes, good luck in the final draw…
    [aNNie Design Team Member for Addicted to Stamps Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project..fabulous.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Addicted to Stamps..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome and unusual Christmas card. Love all your fabulous details.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an amazing card! I love the night sky and beautiful owl - stunning 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. The background looks great and I love the owl. Great to see you in our gallery and hope you will join us again soon! Please do visit my blog Paint Paper Scissors for more inspiration.
    Nandini – Design Team member, ATSM Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool holiday card! Thanks for joining us for our challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Crafty hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x