Tuesday 12 November 2019

Now she is 6

My sweetest granddaughter Daisy was 6 yesterday and we celebrated in style at the weekend.
She chose to have a swimming party which was followed by a birthday tea at the leisure centre.
 It really was a fab day and she and everyone enjoyed every minute.
I promised I would share my cake and card but before I do so I must share some brilliant new accessories I bought from Homepride. I have always used their flour and collected their tokens.
I added a brilliant large mixing bowl, mug and tea towel to my little collection of Homepride treasures.
The tea towel artist is the same as the guy who draws for The Great British Bake Off.
The mug is made by Emma Bridgewater.
 The large mixing bowl is made by Mason and it was perfect for mixing the cake in.
 There are Homepride men in relief around the edge! It's awesome. 
So I christened my products making Daisy's cake!
as always I make a raspberry jam Victoria sponge.
I made Daisy fondant icing candle holders 
and a kaleidoscope (yes that's the correct word!) of fondant icing butterflies. I added extra details using powder colours. The extras were used to decorate the cup cakes my daughter made.

For those of you who are cake makers for the first time I used a new fondant icing to cover the cake called Couture made by cakestuff.com and I could not recommend it more highly (and no they did not ask me to say this).  It gave the smoothest coating to the cake which was blemish free and very easy to apply. The only problem is the smallest quantity to buy at the moment is 2.5kg so I had a LOT spare.
I covered the cake and piped a yellow border. 
So finally here is the finished cake.
with some close ups




and here is the birthday girl blowing out her candles
I can also now reveal her card. She loves fairies and I combined that with butterflies and the colours of her cake.
The stamps are all by Visible Image and I die cut Daisy's name and a glittery number 6. The background is brushos and I coloured her dress with a gel pen.
You can just see the glitter of her wings here
 and the shine of the bubbles using Glossy Accents.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Pixie's snippets playground #365
Sweet stampin 2/3 Make your own background
Addicted to stamps 2/3 anything goes
Mix it up 3/5 anything goes
Addicted to stamps and more anything goes
Crafty Calendar 3/3 cute and girly
Craft Stamper take it make it 3/3 November anything goes

So now she is 6... and just the sweetest girl. I am one very blessed Nanna.

Thanks for stopping by,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. Awe I'm so glad Daisy had a brilliant birthday ... and how perfect is her cake and card!!
    Love all your new baking accessories, especially that gorgeous blue bowl. :)
    Enjoy the rest of your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Daisy! I just had to comment on your cake decorating, I am blown away by how professional everything looks. Wow, what talent and skill! And very nice bowl and mug too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a totally adorable post Jane, First of all, your snippets card is just perfect for a little girl who knows, without doubt, that fairies do exist. And my word, your talent is totally and utterly amazing! The cake, the cake :)

    I've always been a huge (perhaps not too huge physically - but I do worry) Home Pride fan. Who knew they had such wonderful new goodies! I still have a 'chap in a bowler' flour sifter. Possibly two, as I suspect I'd have had Plain flour in one and SR flour in the other one. That's OCD for you! They also did salt and pepper sets way back when!

    Dudley, is lying under my desk as I type - quietly snoozing on one of my feet. I just got a sleepy wag of his tale :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cake, Jane! *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to Daisy on her big 6th celebration!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh what a wonderful cake! Happy Birthday to your Daisy! Love her card too, so stunning. Lovely entry for our 'Make Your Own Background' challenge. Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends xoxo SS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and cake Jane! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/

    From

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special card and your cake is amazing too!

    Thank you for joining us at Mix It Up!
    ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at the TIMI challenge!!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x