Saturday 1 February 2020

February, the love month

Good morning and welcome to February, the love month 💓 and the last month before spring arrives.
As it is the first of the month it is time for my first design team project for Country View Challenges. This month the theme is splatters, splashes and drips.
 So we would like to see all your inky/painty splattered creations and one lucky randomly selected entry will receive a £20 gift code to spent on the website. 
All the details can be found here.

For my first project this is what I got up to;
 I sprayed hickory smoke and picked raspberry oxide inks onto my watercolour paper. Then I added a little gold spritz of gold spray.
I used stamps from 2 of the super cute Tracey Easson Star gazer sets; Morty Bottoms and Betsy Bottoms
When my background was dry I stamped the Believe moon and gold embossed it and also stamped Morty in black Versafine which I clear embossed.
I coloured him in with Zig real colour watercolour markers. I paper pieced the moon and stamped the words out and cut some of them out.


Here he is..such a gorgeous image. I liked the way the oxides still show through him. 

Here is my finished card.
I would like to link it up with the following challenges;

Simon says Monday all loved up
Simon says Wednesday anything goes
Crafty catz 1/3 anything goes
Uniko 1/3 anything goes

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 
You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing is absolutely FREE! Once again all the details for the February challenge can be found here.

I will be back with some more inspiration for CVC on Wednesday with another splashy/inky card...which could not be more different!

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Awe I love little Morty ... too cute!!
    Happy weekend my friend and happy February!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Jane! Morty looks nice and the sentiment is beautiful.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours, very well chosen I think, and that mouse image is lovely. A great design all around Jane! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is absolutely adorable. I love the colours you have used on his clothes. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morty is so cute!!! I love your background and of course, the whole design!!! Have a nice February!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Jane ! Love it.
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely Jane, I love how you've coloured Morty. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it and thanks for sharing at crafty Catz this week good luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card ! Love Morty xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative card. Love your background and your colouring of the image. Fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Such a creative card, filled with fabulous images and eye-catching techniques! Thrilled to see you in the Uniko gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x