Wednesday 12 February 2020

Wisley Houseplant takeover inspiration

Good afternoon, I recently visited Wisley RHS gardens with my dear blogging friend Brenda. We enjoy regular catch ups and every time we visit there is something new to see. A new exhibition is running in the greenhouses until March called "The Giant Houseplant Takeover" and what fabulous take over it is. 

They have created 6 "rooms" which have been literally taken over by houseplants...
How brilliant is this dressing table in the bedroom.
This is the entrance...they must have had such fun making up the names and creating the scenes.







I adore succulents so this dining table display to me was just perfection 
but I think you would be in for a surprise if you sat on one of these chairs 😄
Bath anyone? 

There are so many fun details to spot..cheers, mine is a G&T please.
At the exit you take a token to vote for your favourite of the six rooms...Entrance, living room, bedroom, kitchen, dining room or bathroom. I voted for the dining room but I wonder what you might choose, they are all just splendid.
Our wonderful visit inspired my make today,which is also one of my samples I am making with the brand new Visible Image release which is on preorder now and is released this Saturday 15th February.

This is one of a pair of tags I have made, I will share a step by step and the other tag soon but you will see them on the Visible Image Facebook Live this weekend.
The set is called Break free

My flower has spotted the sunshine and has broken free from the vase...shattering it in its excitement! I wonder if it has gone to join the houseplants at Wisley 😊

A close up of the shattered glass and spilt water, which in real life is very textured indeed. My recipe for making this  is secret for now but all will be revealed soon!
and one last shot.
I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

Love to craft 2/3 anything goes
Crafty sentiments 3/3 anything goes
Unicorn blog 3/3 anything goes
Cute card Thursday 2/3 anything goes
We love 2 create 2/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday crack it up
Stamping sensations 1/3 feminine
Addicted to stamps and more 1/3 anything goes
Through the craft room door 1/3 anything goes

It's now only 9 days until I will be demonstrating for Stampers Grove at the Create It! show in Farnborough, Hampshire. It runs 21-22nd February. I will be there both days sharing lots of tips and techniques, all  the new Visible Image stamps and stencils release plus lots of oldies too.
Remember to look for my badge I will be wearing and.....
It would be lovely to see you there.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant tag love the flower and fabulous texture.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the Wisley Garden pics
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos... not a favourite room for me. I like your tag too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to Wisley for ages (no car, hard by public transport) but saw Brenda post on FB about your trip. Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful exhibition .... I think the bedroom is amazing, that is a very beautiful bed!!
    And as for your shattered glass ... brilliant!!!
    Enjoy the rest of your week lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous and clever exhibit! I devoured each photo and found such fun ideas in each. I like the orange flowers as fire in the hearth and the "candles" in the candelabra. Thanks for sharing. Quite a card design! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chess board gets my vote! Love it. Great pics.
    Wonderful entry into our challenge this month at Stamping Sensations Jane, thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love all the different arrangements. I think the gin trolley or the bathroom sink might be my favourites. What a fabulous card for our feminine challenge at Stamping Sensations! Thanks for joining in this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this stamp Jane, one I must have.
    I thought my place was a jungle this beats it all.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tag. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x