Wednesday 13 May 2020

A tea party over at Country View Challenges

Hi again, I am back with my second design team post for our May Tea or birthday party challenge over at Country View Crafts. We would love to see all you join us and one lucky randomly selected entry will receive a £20 gift code to spent on the website.
 All the details can be found here;
On Friday it was party time for the 75th anniversary of VE day and despite all the restrictions of Lockdown it was such a positive and heartwarming day. Our street came out in force and my Hb and I enjoyed afternoon tea in our front gardens and all chatted across the fences and over the road. It really did lift everyone's spirits so much. It was a glorious day and we were thankful to have the shade on our side of the street!
I made retro fairy cakes with sprinkles served on my Nan's vintage plate

So for today I thought I would go with an image that a lot of us associate with tea parties...Alice in Wonderland of course. This great stamp set is on the CVC website here 
Instead of using the slice of cake stamp in this set I thought I would use the fab little cupcake in 
accessorize as it looks more like my fairy cakes!
I made a bokeh rainbow background using distress re-inkers and when dry added white pigment ink through a hand made circles stencil.
I stamped and coloured the toadstall from the cool Caterpillar set.
 I set out Alice's  birthday tea party scene on the toadstall. She even has some presents to open which are from the Santa Claus stamp set. I stamped them onto patterned paper, cut them out and added glitter pen to the ribbons. The birthday sentiment stamp I used is this one.

Here is my finished card with Alice all ready for her birthday party tea. She is inviting you all and is even sharing a virtual cake!
and a close up
I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our May "tea party" challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 
You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing from CVC is free on all orders over £7.50! Once again all the details for the May challenge can be  found here;

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Happy Little Stampers 3/3 anything goes
We love to create 3/3 anything goes mixed media
Lil patch of crafting friends 2/3 anything goes
Allsorts 2/3 anything goes
Crafters Castle 2/3 anything goes
Creative fingers 2/3 anything goes
Craft stamper take it make it 3/3 anything mixed media

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Stay safe, stay at home stay and a big thank you to everyone who stops by here too! 

Back soon

Bye for now

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous background for your Alice Tea party! Gorgeous colours for a gorgeous card, Jane! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background and great images and love the bright bold colours. Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe so glad your VE Day street party went well!!
    Your little Alice card is so pretty. :)
    Enjoy the rest of your week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your VE day party and it was fun to see the outside of your house! A first! And the reflection in your windows showed the architectural details of the neighborhood which was fun for me to see. Love the card! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background for your card and VE day party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created a really pretty feminine card, thanks so much for sharing and joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    Pleased you had a tea party, we did as well (popped photos on blog the other day) but we we live so rural no neighbours along the street to celebrate with, just horses!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable Jane, love the Alice through the looking glass theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and sweet card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That Background is Fabulous. Your card is great. Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Castle Challenge Blog ~Tracy, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first I thought the background was a bit "too much". However, seeing the entire card all assembled, I see that I was wrong. The background you created is just perfect for Alice and her tea party. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x