Monday 17 August 2020

A Visible Image sun and moon

Good morning, it's time for my fortnightly design team post for Visible Image. Today I sharing a make using the delightful new set Happy day
Now the first thing I noticed when I saw this set is that I could also see a "Man in the moon" in the face or is it just mad me??
I love moon gazing and often take photos of it.
I decided to make a "Mother Earth" using the main image and then a "Man in the moon" tag to prove I was not mad!
This is what I got up to;

I used salty ocean and mermaid lagoon distress inks through the meshing around stencil

and then added some green distress inks through the lava stencil

I then die cut a circle using a folded sheet of card, not cutting through the very top so that it could open out.
I stamped the face adding the funky eyelashes as shown
I stamped the eyes, mouth and some of the shapes, coloured them with glitter gel pens and fussy cut them out. 
Here is my "Mother Earth".

For the moon tag I used a scrap of black card which had been inked with mermaid lagoon, antique linen and picked raspberry distress oxides. I stamped and blue glitter embossed the smile word and coloured it in with white pen.
I repeated the same process as I used to make Mother Earth and then cut around the outline, cutting off the lips to make the Moon shape.
 I cut out the lips and after colouring them with red glitter gel pen glued them back further in. I paper pieced the eyes which I had coloured with gel pens.
I stuck him to the tag base. I then stamped extra some stars and moon as finishing touches. 

And finally here are Mother Earth and the Man in the Moon together..it was such a fun project to make!
I would like to enter them into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday midsummer blues

All the Visible Image links are listed below

Visible Image group page on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide. Do check out the Facebook LIVES and videos where you will be able to see lots more samples and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here

Pinterest here

And once again the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Just stunning. The colours are fabulous
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant .... and no it's not just 'mad you' because I saw it too!! :)
    Happy new week lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x