Monday 31 August 2020

Seaside memories

                 Today is the not only the August bank holiday but the very last day of August. This will be our last bank holiday until Christmas. I always feel that it marks the moment where I notice that there is a change in the light and more of a nip in the air in the mornings and that we have reached the last weeks of summer.  It is also time for my fortnightly design team post for Visible Image and I thought that today I would share a make to remember the hot sunny days of this strange summer of 2020.
I love the seaside and I am lucky that my daughter lives yards from the beach so I get a regular blast of seaside air, sand and shells on our visits.

I decided to make a little set of artist trading coins to trade with my little granddaughter and to give us some summer memories to look back at. She and I love the 
Mythical mermaid set, for not just the gorgeous mermaid but the lovely dolphin stamps which come with the set
This is what I got up to;
I took a sheet of mixed media card and added some Brushos and water to make a seaside inspired background.
 I then used the 
Fibres stencil with some salty ocean and broken china distress ink to create some waves.

 I stamped the fish from Dare to swim 
 randomly, using first and second generation stamping, over the card using a Kaleidoscope multi colour ink.

I then stamped the dolphins and coloured some blue
 and some grey. I always like to stamp extra as they can be used in future projects. 
 I die cut the coins and then added some bubbles and waves stamping using the stamps from the mermaid set
  I yellow embossed "calm" from the 
Create your calm stamp set. I added glossy accents to the bubble which you can see in the finished photos.

Finally I stamped the little shells and critters from the mermaid set onto inky mop up card and card from my stash and cut some out. 
 Here are my finished coins
 with a close up of each one.



 and one final shot.

All the Visible Image links are listed below

Visible Image group page on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide. Do check out the Facebook LIVES and videos where you will be able to see lots more samples and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here

Pinterest here

And once again the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.

Plus a little heads up that this week you will start to see some samples using the new Christmas stamps and stencils being released....ho ho ho! Do check out all the social media sites where you will also find some sneak peeks.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

3 comments:

  1. Your artist trading coins are just fabulous, Jane. I love your backgrounds. I've never thought to stencil over a brusho background, thanks for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dolphins, especially the blue looking ones I love the finished look of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe they are lovely Jane .... the dolphins are so pretty!!
    We managed a trip to the coast today, thankfully it stayed dry and was sunny although not particularly warm.
    Happy new week my dear and happy September,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x