Tuesday 9 March 2021

A Punk Rocker rocker card

Yes you read the title of my post correctly! Today I am here with an extra post for Visible Image to showcase another of their fab brand new stamp sets. These are all available to pre order on the website here.. The worldwide release date is 19 March. This is such a fun and very unique set called 

  Refuse normal 


As soon as I saw this set I thought of a punk rocker and a rocker card came to mind, so that is exactly what I made! 

Here is how I did so;

I die cut 2 circles from black card. One 4" and one 6".

Using the ripped fishnet stencil 

and kitsch flamingo oxide I added some stenciling to the "Rocker" part of the card  (This stencil works so well with this set). I then folded it in half to make the rocker. 

I then made the front.

I stamped the punk, cut her out and coloured her with Zig watercolour pens 


 I also stamped and coloured some extra hair so that I could layer it up. I snipped into the top of the hair so that it could look more layered when put together. 
I used one of the sentiments in the set and then put everything together.
Here is my finished Punk rocker.
You can see that I added a little bit of chain too. 

This really was great fun to make and although I was never a  punk (I was a heavy rock chick...LOL) I always remember a work colleague's daughter was a punk. People would cross the road when they saw her in full punk mode...but she was the sweetest girl you could meet. It really proves true the saying, "don't judge a book by its cover"! 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Crafters Castle 1/3 anything goes 
The alphabet challenge 2/3 X for extra folds 
Crafty catz anything goes
Creative artiste 1/3 anything goes 
Creative fingers 1/3 anything goes 

and also this fab blog hop;
International women's day Be your own kind of beautiful
 All the Visible Image links are listed below

Visible Image group page on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide. Do check out the Facebook LIVES and videos where you will be able to see lots more samples and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

And once again the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.
This is the link to the new release. 

There will be lots more makes shared in the coming weeks using this fab new release so do check out the website and follow on social media. If you would like to follow me on Instagram where I share all my makes, this is the link to my account. 

Remember that Visible Image will be back on your Create and Craft TV screens on 23 March at Noon (UK time). You will be able to spot lots of mine and my DT teamies' makes on the show. Mark also has some brilliant demos planned. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Bye for now,

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. An amazing, colourful and wonderful rocker card for a rocker. I love the design and style. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, that's the perfect Rocker card :) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actually answered my question in the end Jane, as I was going to ask if you had been a punk too! :)
    Such a cool card!!
    Enjoy the rest of your week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card and so pleased you joined us at crafty catz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your punk rocker. Love how you have designed your project. Thank you for joining me at Creative Artiste this month. Hope you will join us again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz, Alphabet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - I remember the punks well. Like you I was a 'rock chick' - not nearly as fabulous colours as the punks. Sorry I'm late with the commenting but thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge Xtra folds. xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never tried Punk style projects ever. This rocker card is so cool! I love the design and colors. Perfect for our hop. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Women Be-you-tifully You. Hugs! Raga.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That image is amazing Jane the Mohawk takes me back to my youth as my Hubby had one when I first met him not as colourful may I add.. Works perfect as a rocker card alongside the fishnet.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us @ Creative Artiste and joining in our Mixed Media Challenge.
    HUgs TRacey x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x